422GW won't stay turned off all of a sudden

theapostle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Weird issue with a new 422GW. It's been fine up to the last few days...
Parking mode is on but instead of the car switching off after 5 mins of inaction, the camera simply stays on (I have a car with an 'always on' battery)
The camera has always had parking mode on and it has never done this before.
Even more strangely, switching the camera off doesn't work either as it immediately turns itself back on.
It has a Nextbase 64GB card which has been reformatted. It has also had a hard reset but still the issue persists.
The only way to turn the thing off is to turn off parking mode, then switch the camera off manually - both of which kind of defeat the point of the camera in a stationary car.
This is in itself a replacement of two 322GWs.
The car is on a drive with no movement, no bangs, nothing happening..
Only other thing I've done recently is connect the app to download a clip.
Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Just as a follow up to this, if it helps anyone.
The issue appears to be that the car is parked on a slope which affects the dashcam (although it didn't used to do this, maybe the slope angle is now steeper at the new house).
From Nextbase "For parking mode to work effectively we would recommend it being parked on a flat surface."
The camera works fine when the car is on the flat. It used to work fine on a slope.
So basically I can turn on Parking Mode when I leave the car somewhere 'flat' but will have to turn Parking Mode off every time the car is on a slope. It seems absurd.
My old Nextbase cameras - 112 and 312 have never done this (and still don't do this). Even the 322 didn't do this.
One other issue could be the car's 'always on' battery. Not every car does this.

Back