4ch custom stealth setup

I suspect that for people with normal DIY skills (close to zero) the best place may be to 3M pad them to the bottom or ends of the interior mirror rather than the door mirrors. Note that in Kamkar's car image above we can fully see the rear view mirror from outside. For people with more skill and ambition you can provide longer cables.

are you referring to cameras being mounted at the rearview mirror but pointed out either side?

are you referring to cameras being mounted at the rearview mirror but pointed out either side?
Yes, pointed backwards at 45 degreesish, it's certainly not ideal, but it would be easy for people to install and you would see cars coming along side. Depending on the car you quite likely couldn't get the view down the road when pulling out of a junction, but that is very hard to get, and typically you wont see to enough distance anyway if you are covering the entire side of the car.

Don't forget to add the 5th camera - the one facing forward with a narrow angle lens to read the plates 100m down the road.

In general i have always taught that the most uniform place to mount a camera are off the door plastic as there are always some degree of ledge there to go off, and it will assure a install as close as possible to the glass so it dont get knocked around too much.
I have been planning on visiting come car dealerships to take pictures of door tops to see how good or bad it can get.
I was also thinking as part of the mount, maybe the part where the sticky pad could go would be thermo plastics, so people could form it to their door shape, let it cool down then apply sticky pad and then put it in place.

forming / softening plastics with hot water maybe a hair dryer,,,,, but then again it might go soft again by the sun,,,,,, though i still think it could work.

Don't forget to add the 5th camera - the one facing forward with a narrow angle lens to read the plates 100m down the road.

by the sounds of things lately people would be more interested in this one than the idea of side cameras

It do sem like the long range camera addiction are spreading :)

It do sem like the long range camera addiction are spreading :)

it's maybe not so practical for mass production at this stage but it wouldn't be hard to DIY something using the second channel of our two channel product(s)

Indeed.

I have not taken a look inside the #2 channel housing, but i have been contemplating a lens swap for a little more narrow one, maybe the 90 deg innovv C3 lens once i get another side camera.

it's maybe not so practical for mass production at this stage but it wouldn't be hard to DIY something using the second channel of our two channel product(s)
You could offer an optional telephoto option for the second camera, really should be the third camera though, the rear camera is more useful. I guess it is not going to be long before the processors can manage an extra channel?

Should be quite popular in the USA due to their unreadable plates, not really necessary elsewhere.

Indeed.

I have not taken a look inside the #2 channel housing, but i have been contemplating a lens swap for a little more narrow one, maybe the 90 deg innovv C3 lens once i get another side camera.

you'll have some other cameras coming before too long so will have some things you can experiment with if you want

You could offer an optional telephoto option for the second camera, really should be the third camera though, the rear camera is more useful. I guess it is not going to be long before the processors can manage an extra channel?

yeah the processors to do 3 or 4 channel are available, that's not an issue, not something we're doing at this stage though
Should be quite popular in the USA due to their unreadable plates, not really necessary elsewhere.

Their unreadable plates, I wish we had plates that big, a lot of ours are quite small, particularly front plates, they're around half the height of the US plates and come in all sorts of stupid colours and designs that are really hard to read to begin with

The roof on the stable ASO part are all new, and the brown wood on the top of the stable wall have also been replaced with corrugated metal.

The roof on the main house are a little tricky as it is a old roof containing Asbestos, but the actual roof itself we dont have to touch other than the very top of it where i have to replace the foam stuff than do so snow cant blow up under the ( do you also call it back of the roof ) anyway the very top roof elements that straddle the ridge line so to say,,,, did this to my old house too you have to remember a pillow to sit on as its otherwise like riding a sawhorse.

Its a low house with my 1.9 M i have to be carefull not bumping my head all the time, i have secured a wheelchair i can use so i dont have to walk when inside.

Thats what 600.000 Dkkr buy you, and trust me its a fix her upper,,,, not a ruin but for sure for a DIY person or a person with a DIY friend.

Same here, at least if you are buying anywhere near a town, but this is 20 minute drive to the nearest "large" town,,,, i know nothing in Aussie terms :)

In general a little bungalow or house in a desirable place here will be like 3 millions. but if both you and the missus are working folk's with a good economy you can get off with just a 1-200.000 Dkkr down payment for such a house.

if you zoom up on google maps the square that the house is all the land,,,,previous owners had a few sheep running around, so a little Aussie feel the place have.

Same here, at least if you are buying anywhere near a town, but this is 20 minute drive to the nearest "large" town,,,, i know nothing in Aussie terms :)

In general a little bungalow or house in a desirable place here will be like 3 millions. but if both you and the missus are working folk's with a good economy you can get off with just a 1-200.000 Dkkr down payment for such a house.

if you zoom up on google maps the square that the house is all the land,,,,previous owners had a few sheep running around, so a little Aussie feel the place have.

looks nice regardless

Back