4G live stream dash cam

Personally i think there is nothing quite as boring as watching endless video of virtually nothing but the road in front of you. These cameras were intitally invented a s a way of recording problems and now are developing into Hollwood blockbuster applications. Good for those that want to advertise I guess but mine hardly ever get looked at.

Reactions: Mtz
Either make the GPS a plug in accessory or add the facility to turn GPS logging including speed logging off, as there are many users who don't like GPS or Speed logging. In some ways having the GPS module plug in is handy because it means you can sell 2 versions or 1 version plus GPS which makes the base camera cheaper.

The form of the dashcam is of high importance so as not to attract theft. Being able to mount the cam for front and separate one for rear discreetly is also of high importance. For me, the main aspect of the cam is to be able to view what the cam is seeing at all times especially when my car is parked. I currently have a Thinkware F800 Pro and am disappointed that it does not have this capability. I will be very interested when you release your dashcam.
Thanks for your interest. our dash cam is also in sleep mode when the car is parking there, but it will wake up when someone open the door and power on the car. as it has battery inside. Hope this function will satisfy you, thanks.

Hello @Nigel Chow,

I appreciate your approach of asking feedback from experienced users. I am more than a year on this forum, but bought a dashcam only 2 months ago and I have following comments / queries / suggestions:
1. As it is a streaming camera, I guess there isn't any screen! Is there?
2. Without a screen, the camera can be made quite invisible - I like Mobius form-factor. Or even smaller?
3. I have read horror stories of slow transfer rates - I hope this will go away with advancements in network capabilities. But what is your comment?
4. Parked near one's home, if the car battery is powering the dashcam, I guess, it can keep connected to a system in the home through home wifi and give alarm if something happens to the car!
5. Even elsewhere, I guess that the camera will remain in touch with owner's smart-phone. But will it keep sending the clips all the time? This will fill the memory of the smart-phone? Or the App in smartphone will do the loop recording (using same space, over and over)?
6. I love the IRVM mounted dashcam more, as it is not easily visible from outside and inside. However, will the distance of the camera-lens from the wind-screen cause any optical / image problem as against the usual position where camera-lens is very close to the windscreen (mounted on the glass itself)?
7. Each of the camera unit (front & rear) may have two cameras (looking in opposite direction) to cover inside & outside. I am suggesting this, because, without a screen, you have margin to add some extra hardware.

I don't know much about the modern gadgets like smartphones, but hope that this feedback may be of some help.

Ravi_M
thanks for your questions my friend.

1) yes, there's a screen, and one camera face to the front of the car, the other face inside the car.
2) to upload the videos, it depend on the capacity of the 4G card. we suggest the video installed in the SD card and if necessary, can upload to the server. and accident video will be kept on the server directly.
3) when parking there, if something happened, the dash cam will wake up and send a message or a call to the smart phone to inform you the urgent things.
4) yes, there's an APP on the smart phone, then you can see anything happened in the car.

Hope you will like my dash cam, thanks.

I will break down in what I would like/think hardware/software.

HARDWARE:

Mini/micro usb port (usb3 if possible) (with kernel modules to support for a hub expansion and various devices) This can be very useful for a number of devices from custom wifi point to additional Bluetooth, backup to disk (faster than wifi), additional camera, adapters for automation and home automation, etc.

HDMI live view port – especially with rear view camera, for anything from parking to expansion to a digital rear-view mirror for cars with back clear view.

Bluetooth if your hardware platform has it, just enable it (some platforms, they have it disabled even the hardware supports it) this could be useful for something like remote Bluetooth button, to trigger stuff manual recording, etc

Enable WOW(wake on wireless lan) or Bluetooth, if your hardware supports it – useful to wake up the camera while home/parking, say to either monitor or for backup purpose,

Ability to change lenses/ add filter(polarization)

SOFTWARE:

Customizable, standard streaming, in a sense of being supported by various remote clients and adjustable resolution to reduce bandwidth, lag.

Ability to backup your records on schedule or demand over home wifi to a NAS or desktop.

Actually, on the software side, I think the most important will be to open up your software, both on the camera and remote client. The more open your software is (ideally all open source), the community developers you will attract to work improving you app continuously and expanding the functionality to the actual limits of the hardware. This will give you a significant advantage over the competition without you having to engage any major resources. And if your business model cannot work on all open source, you should at least provide an api interface or sdk and open up as much as possible.

SUMMARY: I think, let aside hardware capabilities such as resolution, processing power, bitrate, etc – most limitation of dash cameras on the market are actually due to either lack of hardware expansion (as simple exposing some extra connectivity ports) or software capabilities – provide this options to the customers and thinker and you will have a popular.
Thanks Larry.

1) the charging port is USB port.
2) bluetooth is built inside the camera.
3) have no HDMI.
4) the dash cam will wake up once the door of the car open, or some accident happened. then it will send a message or a call to the APP or registered phone.
5) the lens can't change.

6) live streaming need good capacity of the internet.
7) the record will be installed in the SD card, if needed, it will be upload to the server after the request.
8) as for the software, we can help the customer to do some customized things. anything, everything can be discussed if customers want to work together.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Jessica

An intercom where an app user can talk with the driver? where is the app user, are they away from the vehicle?

Would the dashcam record their conversations?!

As the camera would have a sim, this basically means it's a hands free kit. I personally think this is a feature a person would rather not have, and instead pay less.

thanks for your information.

1) yes, if some one install the APP in his phone, and registered with your dash cam ID, and when you are in the car, he ( who is in his home) can talk to you through the APP to you(dash cam).
2) the dash cam will record the conversations.
3) yes, the dash cam has a SIM card, and you have no need to operate the dash cam. it may pay more, but it's for the safe of the car.

thanks.

Is a function that to allow to use 4 cam instead 2 (front and rear). I would like to have 4 cam for cover all sides of my car. (The front and read are enough only for incident, but for parking step, useful to have other 2 cam).

If you want to talk me of your model dashcam 360 (even into private) i like it for example the price and the functions (battery duration, support for glass of car etc). Thanks.

thanks.

if you want to put four cameras together for this system, it's ok. and the video will change to four parts.

I have suggested a way of daisy chaining in modules, this mean a system could then be expanded with alarm ( theft-robbery ) - more cameras - a 4/5G router and so on.
Dont have to be a indefinite number of modules, i think if you could have 3-4 modules it would be able to cover any scenario i can think off a mere mortal driver / car owner would ever need.
This to me also mean that what is essiecial a consumer product, could be upgraded with modules to give a professional setup, for instance a tracking and what not setup for the transport industry, so the company can always get in contact with the driver and update him with whatever over the phone module, and the company could view / DL any event files from the camera part, maybe log from the reefer that's being hauled, maybe a robbery alarm, ASO
And the consumer could do the same upping his setup with the modules he would like.

I am not sure what kind of protocol you would need to tie all this together, but i am sure something are already out there, or can be made by a person with the right skills.

But as so often before i am way ahead of the curve here.

thanks for your information.

As in the beginning, it's for the taxi company, which can be installed in the taxi, and the owner of the taxi company can preview each taxi on his smart phone or his computer. and also you can set up a geo-fencing on the dash cam, once out of the geo-fencing, the dash cam will send a message to the APP or to a registered phone.

Anyway, I think this is a very smart and intelligent dash cam, Hope you will like it, thanks.

Either make the GPS a plug in accessory or add the facility to turn GPS logging including speed logging off, as there are many users who don't like GPS or Speed logging. In some ways having the GPS module plug in is handy because it means you can sell 2 versions or 1 version plus GPS which makes the base camera cheaper.

thanks for your suggestions, yes, the GPS can be chosen on and off. thanks.

Is a function that to allow to use 4 cam instead 2 (front and rear). I would like to have 4 cam for cover all sides of my car. (The front and read are enough only for incident, but for parking step, useful to have other 2 cam).

If you want to talk me of your model dashcam 360 (even into private) i like it for example the price and the functions (battery duration, support for glass of car etc). Thanks.

thanks.

if you want to put four cameras together for this system, it's ok. and the video will change to four parts.
Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for your interest. our dash cam is also in sleep mode when the car is parking there, but it will wake up when someone open the door and power on the car. as it has battery inside. Hope this function will satisfy you, thanks.

When will the cam be available? And can it operate off the CellLink B battery backup in parking mode?

When will the cam be available? And can it operate off the CellLink B battery backup in parking mode?

Hi friend, the dash cam will be available in one or two month. actually it has the battery inside the dash cam, when parking there, once there's urgent things happen, the dash cam will wake up and powered by the battery to record. How is it?

thanks

Back