Dash camera with live streaming option for cloud

kiatech

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm looking for a dash camera with open API for live streaming to the cloud.

I have already know about black Vue dash but I believe they are not providing open API for integration.

thank you.

You need to think that the smartphone needs to keep alive the Mobile Data connection during the Wireless connection to the dashcam.
Just few smartphones are allowing this because of the most stupid Android limitation ever: not allowing Mobile Data when connected to a SSID by Wi-Fi. In ancient Android 2.3 was possible Hotspot when connected to a SSID but in modern times this is not possible. Very stupid again. I was thinking that only iPhone can have such bad decisions.

enjoy,
Mtz

The device would need to run a continuous ping to keep the data connection active so that it doesn't shutdown off due to inactivity

OK, but I am not sure if Android will work as you explained.

Yes, I understand this but if stupid Android is not allowing Wi-Fi connection at the same time with Data connection this will not work. Like I wrote above, on Android 2.3 hotspot could work as wireless repeated and after that this was disabled. So a great thing was possible in the ancient times of Android and now is not.

the device connected to the Android wifi hotspot needs to run a continuous ping to the internet, it keeps the data active

Some new wifi stuff with Android P, but not what Mtz would like i think.
"Android P adds support for the IEEE 802.11mc Wi-Fi protocol - also known as Wi-Fi Round-Trip-Time (RTT) - to let you take advantage of indoor positioning within your apps. Hopefully that will mean less people getting lost in huge malls, hospitals, universities and so on."

Back