4K vs 1080p Telephoto

Several years ago I replaced the sliding glass door that opens onto my deck. The old doors had glass that was perfectly flat and clear, so much so that at night you could see yourself perfectly in it like a black mirror. I recall my ex-wife used to check her outfit in the "black mirror" just before we'd step out for a night on the town. The new door, which was rather expensive and of high quality has glass that is noticeably distorted, so much so that you can't really even see yourself in it. It's just the way things are these days.
yeah we had a glass shopfront put in a property we own in China and when we did it we were given the option of 'flat glass or not' was about 20% dearer to get glass that was flat

yeah we had a glass shopfront put in a property we own in China and when we did it we were given the option of 'flat glass or not' was about 20% dearer to get glass that was flat

At least there was an option. When I mentioned the crappy glass to the guys at the place I'd purchased the door they had no idea what I was talking about as far as how that type of glass "used" to be. And you get what you get.

I'm in the process of reporting some poor behaviour from a pair of motorbike riders. I have taken single frames from both my 4K and 1080p cameras. The F1 4K did a better job of getting the bike number plates than my A129 (with a CPL), especially to make out 'M' from 'W'. This is a capture from near the edge of the frame. If I had been using my telephoto camera instead, the bikes would have been way into the distance before they came into the field of view.

47443 47444

47445 47446

Did you give the police both resolutions?
I guess our police will have no difficulty with 4K anyway...

Did you give the police both resolutions?
I guess our police will have no difficulty with 4K anyway...
1080p video, and 4K frame grabs.

The more you zoom in the worse it looks!

She had just driven past a left turn only sign, but was turning right, drove across a stop line with sign post and clear road markings without looking to the right, which if she had been turning left as instructed would have been the only way she needed to look, and then stopped in the yellow box which is illegal.

Can anyone lip read? (Suspect it was not for publication rather than an apology!)

No clear view of her number plate from any camera!

Back