$500,000 and still doesn't have a decent handbrake

Human error most likely :)

Rally cars don't have a lock feature on handbrake levers despite the price; rally drivers use handbrake to negotiate hairpin bends mostly. This car should've been strapped properly.

Do not worry, the assurance company would pay off. ;)

:eek: i want to know why the hell are they lifting it, and where is it going on a crane.

Everything is fine, ... - it was just a crash-test before rally :)

Funny how the simplest, most fundamental basic mistakes and oversights can have the most expensive and devastating outcomes..............

Here's the longer version. Notice at the beginning of the video the wood that was setup in the front to offset the angle and keep the car in place

Telcel is the Mexican cell phone service. The guy in the video asks if they tied it down and if the insurance will cover it

If my memory work, the guy who own that Company have plenty of mony to pay for a new rally car.

A true Aiiii caramba moment :p

I think they were just stress-testing the car before handing it over to Robert Kubica.

hehe :D
I am all for torture testing, as soon as i had the chance my old TAG Heuer Watch was lowered down to 200 M deep.

Thankfully nothing took the "bait" as it was a handline and only 0.6 mm thick :)

u can see the ramps in front work as stoppers if they were just flipped up....the question of why the guy w/ the lumber didn't do that, will probably be asked by someone up in the chain of commend.

Back