512GB support?

themyst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I saw that VIOFO had beta firmware that enabled 512GB support for other cameras, is there anything for this camera? @viofo

I tried to use my 512GB Genuine Samsung EVO Select in both exFat and FAT32, both cause the camera to have errors.

Why wouldn't they allow 512gb on this model??...so frustrating. What could be the reasoning to allow on other camera models and not this one?

Hi, I also bought a 512GB Genuine Samsung EVO Select card at a discount on amazon but unfortunately it doesn't work with the Viofo A129 Duo Plus.
A question for VIOFO support, when are you planning to implement 512GB memory cards in this model? If you have a beta firmware, I will be happy to test and check it.

You should be careful going to unofficial memory size cards, in the old days 32 GB was the norm, but force formatting a 64GB card to fat32 would often work.
Not that i am keeping a list or very close taps on the matter, but it seem like very few support the very largest cards ( 512 GB & 1Tb cards )
Myself i am at where 256GB are fine, but i have contemplated picking up my first 512 GB card for testing, otherwise i do stick to 128GB for testing cards as otherwise my pension would take a hit for something that most days are just collecting dust in my test card bin on the computer table.

Hi, I also bought a 512GB Genuine Samsung EVO Select card at a discount on amazon but unfortunately it doesn't work with the Viofo A129 Duo Plus.
A question for VIOFO support, when are you planning to implement 512GB memory cards in this model? If you have a beta firmware, I will be happy to test and check it.
May I confirm if your card has been formatted to FAT32? A129 Plus Duo can support a 512GB memory card. But we don't recommend it.

Yes i suspect the cameras build in format routine can not support it, so you need some software on the PC to force the card to FAT32 as otherwise the PC will format 64 GB and up cards to exFAT.
It have been so many years so i dont recall what the software was called i used to force 64GB cards to the FAT32 format.

May I confirm if your card has been formatted to FAT32? A129 Plus Duo can support a 512GB memory card. But we don't recommend it.
Thank you for your reply. I used 3 different programs to format the card to FAT32:

1. Acronis Disk Director 12.5,
2. GUIFormat2,
3. USBFormat.

In USBFormat I used the option - slow formatting, but it still did not bring the intended effect.
Every time I get the same error when I insert a memory card into the VIOFO A129 Plus Duo :cry:

GUIformat thats was it.
Too bad it dident work

On 4pdа guys tried 512GB cards, they don't work on 129+

Thank you for your reply. I used 3 different programs to format the card to FAT32:

1. Acronis Disk Director 12.5,
2. GUIFormat2,
3. USBFormat.

In USBFormat I used the option - slow formatting, but it still did not bring the intended effect.
Every time I get the same error when I insert a memory card into the VIOFO A129 Plus Duo :cry:
Hello,

May I know how was the result using GUIFormat2? Can you please download the GUIFormat2 from this link and try again?

Hello,

May I know how was the result using GUIFormat2? Can you please download the GUIFormat2 from this link and try again?

I'm having the same problem. Formatted using Smartdisk Fat32 tool and GUIFormat2 using the link you provided and my A129 Plus Duo will not recognize the card. The dashcam is upgraded to the latest 1.5 firmware too.

I'm having the same problem. Formatted using Smartdisk Fat32 tool and GUIFormat2 using the link you provided and my A129 Plus Duo will not recognize the card. The dashcam is upgraded to the latest 1.5 firmware too.
Is yours also a 512GB card?

Which Viofo dash cams (if there are any that do) support 512GB?
Apparently the regular A129 duo supports it. Kind of odd the upgraded plus version does not.

I have a 1TB card coming soon I will test
I tested a SanDisk 1TB Extreme microSDXC formatted as FAT32 with the HP tool and it did not work. The camera went into a boot loop.

Reactions: gse
I think stuff like that are really up to the SOC maker, but of course Viofo can request it to the SOC maker, and then hope.

I think most of the SG cameras are tested and working with 512GB cards or at least the ones SG bundle with the cameras, and i also think SG USA / jon are testing with a 1Tb card. but please verify before you go shopping.
I do not think SG test with any brand / model of 512 GB card on the market.

EDIT: just looked and it seem like all but the 3 smallest / oldest models support 512GB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomer_roz A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 17