70mai A500S won't start

Fragutz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello,

After installing the camera, I went on the app and it offered me a firmware update.
After the update I got a mismatch error.
I came here and found a firmware update and followed the instruction, only the camera seams to not receive any current.
The led doesn't light up and the screen is dead.

Please help,
Thank you!

Hello,

After installing the camera, I went on the app and it offered me a firmware update.
After the update I got a mismatch error.
I came here and found a firmware update and followed the instruction, only the camera seams to not receive any current.
The led doesn't light up and the screen is dead.

Please help,
Thank you!
Update:
I've removed the sd card and pressed the reset button, and it started, but gave me the same firmware error.
Since I can't format the card in the camera, I formated it in my DSLR which made it exFAT and can't change it to FAT32.
Any idea ?

Thank you!

Update:
I've removed the sd card and pressed the reset button, and it started, but gave me the same firmware error.
Since I can't format the card in the camera, I formated it in my DSLR which made it exFAT and can't change it to FAT32.
Any idea ?

Thank you!
Update 2:
Used a partitioning tool and made the card FAT32
Copied the firmware - inserted in the camera - pluged in the power - left it for a few minutes.
Nothing.

Hi,
I have the same problem, tried everyhing and nothing happens - it stays turned off, screen black and LED turned off...
What do you mean by "Reset button"?
Thanks!

Hi,
I have the same problem, tried everyhing and nothing happens - it stays turned off, screen black and LED turned off...
What do you mean by "Reset button"?
Thanks!
Hi,

The long button under the camera

I have the same problem. After update for new firmware by mobile phone, It show firmware mismatch. I flash it by using microsd after that it won't open again. plug in usb or press open botton, noresponse at all. Please advise.

Update

I've sent the camera to the waranty service and they say they've changed the motherboard.
When it came back I've managed to set it up and use it for like half an hour and then it turned itself off and on again.
It does that every 5 to 30 minutes.
Unusable.
I've sent it back today.
I'll keep you updated.

having all the same problems...any advice?
thanks

Final update
They are giving me my money back, cuz it can't be fixed.
Good luck with yours

Final update
They are giving me my money back, cuz it can't be fixed.
Good luck with yours
Glad they at least gave you your money back, hopefully no more issues for you

I have the more/less the same problem and not sure what caused it. Right now the screen of my 70mai pro plus+ is always off, just black eventhough and the indicator light is solid blue.
I have tried to reinstall the firmware many times, nothing worked. So I'm not able to do any setting at all, not even connecting it to my phone via the app because I'm not able to activate the wifi (the screen is black).
Did anyone manage to solve this kind of problem?

I have solved my problem by sending the unit to our local service centre. The issue was because of the PCB stopped working and they replaced it with a new one. Now the dashcam is working fine.

Back