70mai omni dash cam footages missing

dretax

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Dash Cam
70mai Dash Cam Omni
hey guys!

I have bought two omni dashcamns for both of the cars we have. The reason why I bought this cam is because I own a very expensive car, and I want to make sure that the camera records all the incidents during the parking mode.

This comes out pretty well, and the camera works as expected, so I purchased one for my girlfriend's car to make sure It's there as a 3rd eye as parking.
Today I saw that probably the trailer component of another car has damaged the front license plate. It is unknown to me yet if the outside of the car or the internal has got damaged.
We immediately sat in the car, and started reviewing the footage, only to realise, that even though the time is correctly set by the application, the dates showed 2021 for some of the footages.
The weird part is i do not remember the cam having wrong dates at the beginning, but i do remember i failed to download the update to the cam so i left it as is.

I see videos from a couple of months ago, a couple of parking videos when i get in and out, from months and probs 1-2-3 weeks ago, but most of the months are missing in between! Damn!

I'm super annoyed, and I see videos even from when we bought the car, but I don't see anything in between January, and May. I see videos recorded today, but nothing from yesterday. The GPS driving tracks are completely reviewable, and they are there since almost january.

After updating the firmware today, the recording now shows 2024. It is yet to be determined whether the camera is properly saving the videos now, or is faulty.

Has anyone ran into this issue? Any suggestions on how could I maybe view the internal storage of the camera aside of the app? I have a feeling it may be the software unable to properly display or find the videos due to maybe date time issue? Not sure.

I would greatly appreciate the help, as I have two vehicles that always park there from the neighbours, but I am away, and need to check which one could have caused the damage, and I'm really feeling unlucky that It didn't capture, or something...
If all is lost I will call a local service at monday to see if they have any suggestions.

Has anyone ran into this issue? Any suggestions on how could I maybe view the internal storage of the camera aside of the app? I have a feeling it may be the software unable to properly display or find the videos due to maybe date time issue? Not sure.
There is no memory card, and I've not found any card reader mode, so it seems impossible without extracting the memory chip, which nobody is going to do.

Just wondering if it has a webserver mode, I can't check at the moment, but it might be worth connecting your phone to its network and using your web browser to access " ". Let us know if that works...

After you have given up on accessing hidden files, I strongly suggest that you reformat the memory, just in case the card format is corrupt and files are disappearing into holes in the format.

I've recorded quite a lot of events on mine, always seems to work OK for impacts, not much good on the people tracking though!

How long has the Omni with the issue been in use? (When was it installed?)

Welcome to the forum :)

There is no memory card, and I've not found any card reader mode, so it seems impossible without extracting the memory chip, which nobody is going to do.

Just wondering if it has a webserver mode, I can't check at the moment, but it might be worth connecting your phone to its network and using your web browser to access " ". Let us know if that works...

After you have given up on accessing hidden files, I strongly suggest that you reformat the memory, just in case the card format is corrupt and files are disappearing into holes in the format.

I've recorded quite a lot of events on mine, always seems to work OK for impacts, not much good on the people tracking though!

How long has the Omni with the issue been in use? (When was it installed?)

Welcome to the forum :)
We will check, maybe an ipconfig scan as well. Thanks for the tip.

Installed It in February. Obviously didnt need to check incidents on her case, I checked mine time to.time for.funny videos.

I will monitor how It performs now, but in case I am unable to get it or the service isnt able to, we will have to reformat It.

I will try everything at first.

We will check, maybe an ipconfig scan as well. Thanks for the tip.
Installed It in February. Obviously didnt need to check incidents on her case, I checked mine time to.time for.funny videos.
I will monitor how It performs now, but in case I am unable to get it or the service isnt able to, we will have to reformat It.
I will try everything at first.
You can connect the Omni to a computer using a data cable. For example, from a smartphone. It will be identified as an external USB drive. Be sure to review all entries in the "Normal" and "Parking" folders. I think your time has reset at a certain point and is now recording as 2021. Then look for your notes at the very end.

And most importantly, do not format the memory, this is a stupid advice, because then you will lose all your data.

Be sure to do this first:
1. Update the firmware to the latest 1.6.57ww
2. Turn on the timelapse. Then you will have a video before the event and you will be able to see the number.

You can connect the Omni to a computer using a data cable. For example, from a smartphone. It will be identified as an external USB drive. Be sure to review all entries in the "Normal" and "Parking" folders. I think your time has reset at a certain point and is now recording as 2021. Then look for your notes at the very end.

And most importantly, do not format the memory, this is a stupid advice, because then you will lose all your data.

Be sure to do this first:
1. Update the firmware to the latest 1.6.57ww
2. Turn on the timelapse. Then you will have a video before the event and you will be able to see the number.
Thanks, we will also try and plug a datacable and see if we find anything today later.

I have only looked at footage from my omni by connecting to computer, though i have also had phone connection to update it ASO

I have only looked at footage from my omni by connecting to computer,
Through a USB cable? I couldn't get that to work, either to PC or Mac, or iPhone.
Maybe I always used the wrong cable...

You have to use the supplied USB cable, not sure why.

You have to use the supplied USB cable, not sure why.
Through a USB cable? I couldn't get that to work, either to PC or Mac, or iPhone.
Maybe I always used the wrong cable...
Be sure its a PC cable and fast enough.
I used one I gave for my girlfriend for the car. Downloaded everything, I couldn't find it.
I used recuva to recover deleted files and im going through them one by one from a website called fix.video, they said good stuff about it on reddit.
Looks like it does the job but i got 100+ files to go through. Wish me luck.

BTW does omni prioritize storing the parking recorded videos? If so, for how long? Will any driving video eventually overwrite It?

I use a random USB C cable, i think one that came with my phone back in the day.
It is extremely rare i use the exact cable provided with something.

Back