801 will not stay on when I shut off the car

tonyreo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received an E-Prance Mini 801. I bought it from Amazon, it's the real thing.
The problem I am having is that it will not stay on when I shut off the car.
After shutting off the car the unit stays on maybe 10 seconds then does the normal shutdown.
It is running firmware version 20140906.
The internal battery shows as fully charged.
"Auto Power Off" is set to 5 minutes.
"Power Off Screen" is set to OFF.
Although I am not positive what the two settings do I suspect the "Power Off Screen" shuts off the screen during operation and the "Auto Power Off" controls how long the device stays on after external power is terminated. Is this correct?
Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks...

Last edited:
You must have a continuous power supply to the camera. Most, if not all, modern auto's power sockets are only powered while the ignition is on...ie. engine is running. You will have to install or otherwise wire the socket direct to an empty fuse slot. An auto mechanic could also do this.
I hope this helps.

Thanks...
I thought the internal battery in the Dash Cam kept the camera on for a short time after external power was removed???

Only when it is removed from the mount. Then you can turn it back on and use it in hand as a regular camera. This is so it can be used to take photos of an accident.

I Turned turned the Motion detection off. Then my screen would stay on & record. Powered through cig lighter. With motion detection on, the screen would flicker/blink to a black screen. when parked, it would just shut down.

My Mini 0801 from amazon is doing the same thing that the OP stated. It turns off appox 5-12 seconds after loss of power, I was under the impression it would either record for 1,3,or5 min after loss of power. I was hoping it would continue to record for one min after I turn off the vehicle and walk away. I don't think its on for the 5-12 seconds just to save that last file, as it records that last 5-12 seconds. I have only had mine for 3 days, purchased off amazon Firmware 20140312.

I think there was a firmware that tried to leave it recording a few minutes every shut down in late 2013, but that "feature" didn't stay into 2014. I'm thinking this option would wear out that tiny battery or other issues forced devs to abandon the idea on this model.

There are much better choices to achieve dependable/real parking mode operation than the 0801 that's for sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kris-VW Mini 0801 4
unpaidbill Mini 0801 29
Back