a creep on a rainy day... to make your day.

medash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AusdomA261 / Vantrue R2 / A119

maybe i should publish his license plate ?

Last edited:
Did you see the car that slowed suddenly in front of him and made the poor lane change? I would have drifted away from someone like that also.

First instinct should be to reduce speed for obstacles, not just go around without processing the situation (like cars in close proximity). It's bullspit bad driving and it's a shame that many drivers are too lazy to actually drive carefully.

Did you see the car that slowed suddenly in front of him and made the poor lane change? I would have drifted away from someone like that also.

Sorry, but that does not give him the right to drive as he pleases...
When someone slows in Front of you, you do the same first to assess the situation, before making a sudden line change with disregard to others around you ...
I would say he came to less than 8' to collide with me while both driving at 55 mph+ (with me slowing down, not knowing what he was up to) : that is reckless driving anyway you look at it.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that does not give him the right to drive as he pleases...
When someone slows in Front of you, you do the same first to assess the situation, before making a sudden line change with disregard to others around you ...
I would say he came to less than 8' to collide with me while both driving at 55 mph+ (with me slowing down, not knowing what he was up to) : that is reckless driving anyway you look at it.
I don't see this as him driving as he pleased. Someone made an erratic move in front of him and he reacted. While it's unnerving for someone to drift into your lane, I would be far more upset with the person who caused him to drift in the first place. That person is the real danger on the road.

Camera car uses middle lane while the right one is completely empty. Why?

Hmmmm , that was some PP driving ... Brake linings must be super expensive in America ! ( well , not just the USA , but all over the world )
I don't understand how causing an accident would be cheaper than using your breaks ... Or just easing off the accelerator ... ??
Everyone's in such a hurry ...

( Camera car uses middle lane while the right one is completely empty. Why? ) = He probably felt like driving in that lane , statistically its the safest lane on a 3 lane road ...
Hell , I prefer the middle lane on a 3 lane road ... ( Cos I feel safer ) Obviously there is no accounting for the people ( ? ) around you ...

He probably felt like driving in that lane , statistically its the safest lane on a 3 lane road ...
As an avid (traffic)statistician I'd like the source of those please!

Hell , I prefer the middle lane on a 3 lane road ... ( Cos I feel safer )
Do you not have a keep left (or right for the US) laws?
I'm not a fan of middlelanesitters....

Heavy traffic is heavy traffic , unless I am overtaking I try and keep out of the fast lane ..
Left lane has vehicles entering and leaving , bad news ... Right lane has people entering and leaving , bad news ...
Center lane people go straight , except for ass holes .. + I usually do the speed limit if the ass holes permit ... Amazing how many ass holes are on the road !

Here in Melbourne Australia we have a boat load of debris on the road ...
Especially house bricks ... I don't know why there are so many house bricks on the road , but for some reason house bricks end up on the road ..
Ever hit a house brick at speed ! Its nasty **** ....

I was in the left lane earlier this year , I had an ass hole up my bumper , and a truck in the right lane ...
And there was a brick where my left wheels had to go ...
The truck was crowding me , they can barely fit in their own lanes and often crowd the dividing line ..
The car behind me was crowding my bumper ( FKN ass hole tail gaiter )

There was nothing to do but hit the brick ...

So here is the thing , I drive at the speed limit , in the lane that is the safest to drive in ...
If some one does not like me driving at the speed limit or driving safely , then they can take a flying leap !

So here is the thing , I drive at the speed limit , in the lane that is the safest to drive in ...
If some one does not like me driving at the speed limit or driving safely , then they can take a flying leap !

Two things bug me about this:
0: emphasis on speedlimit and that means you can't do anything els wrong.
1: selfcenteredness: I want to drive like this and I don't care how much I'm bugging other drivers.

Camera car uses middle lane while the right one is completely empty. Why?
In most states (all maybe?) on roadways with more than 2 traffic lanes there is no requirement or custom to keep to the right. As has already been mentioned the far right and left lanes tend to have traffic entering and exiting which makes maintaining a steady speed difficult, if not impossible, therefore it's really the norm to stay in the center lane(s).

Edit: To expand on this a bit these multi-lane roadways generally exist in areas with high density populations (residential, commercial, or both) on either side so the incidence of traffic entering and exiting is quite high.

Last edited:
http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
I see only one state with "No" and 5 with "< SL" , and 4 with "yield" other states require you to move over to the right.

Edit: wait that's not right!

Most states follow the Uniform Vehicle Code and require drivers to keep right if they are going slower than the normal speed of traffic

so 28 states allow you to drive the speedlimit in the left lane.

Last edited:
As an avid (traffic)statistician I'd like the source of those please!

Do you not have a keep left (or right for the US) laws?
I'm not a fan of middlelanesitters....

No, as long as you are driving at the speed limit, you may stay in any lane other than Right...
Right lane is for slower traffic and in some States they put a sign: : "Slower Traffic: Keep Right".

The Right lane can be dangerous because of Merging traffic, and is usually the slowest one.

On most highways the speed is 45mph minimum (in some places you can get a ticket if slower than 45) to 60/65mph max.

Heavy traffic is heavy traffic , unless I am overtaking I try and keep out of the fast lane ..
Left lane has vehicles entering and leaving , bad news ... Right lane has people entering and leaving , bad news ...
Center lane people go straight , except for ass holes .. + I usually do the speed limit if the ass holes permit ... Amazing how many ass holes are on the road !

Here in Melbourne Australia we have a boat load of debris on the road ...
Especially house bricks ... I don't know why there are so many house bricks on the road , but for some reason house bricks end up on the road ..
Ever hit a house brick at speed ! Its nasty **** ....

I was in the left lane earlier this year , I had an ass hole up my bumper , and a truck in the right lane ...
And there was a brick where my left wheels had to go ...
The truck was crowding me , they can barely fit in their own lanes and often crowd the dividing line ..
The car behind me was crowding my bumper ( FKN ass hole tail gaiter )

There was nothing to do but hit the brick ...

House bricks like any other object must be secured ( usually solidly tied on a pallet)... someone is not doing their job right ...code enforcement?
Anyone hauling anything not to specs needs to be ticketed.

Put prisoners to work to pick up the debris : they will love a day out in fresh air (for them it's like going on a field trip)... or have the courts impose public service for light infractions... that is not hard to clear any mess/trash pretty fast... heck in most States many people volunteer to clean a section of the public roads near them.

Last edited:
http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
I see only one state with "No" and 5 with "< SL" , and 4 with "yield" other states require you to move over to the right....
That site is only a summation and generally refers to roadways with 2 lanes of traffic flowing in the same direction. If you go to the specific legislation there are exclusions for roads with more than 2 lanes. The following example is from Idaho (highlighted text is mine):

49-630. Drive on right side of roadway -- Exceptions.
(1) Upon all highways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway except as follows:
(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;
(b) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway. Any person doing so shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within a distance as to constitute an immediate hazard;
(c) Upon a highway divided into three (3) marked lanes for traffic under the applicable rules; or
(d) Upon a highway restricted to one-way traffic.

Now, I see the red line there and ask you: Is the road in the OP a highway?

On most highways the speed is 45mph minimum (in some places you can get a ticket if slower than 45) .
Unless you're in a jam , I guess. :p

Now, I see the red line there and ask you: Is the road in the OP a highway?...
It is a 'highway divided into three (3) marked lanes for traffic'.

I do the Speed Limit , so if its posted 60kmh I do 59kmh to 60kmh ...
If its posted 70kmh I do 69 to 70kmh

And so forth ... I can do this for two reasons ...
GPS , I get the GPS speed read out , + I have a digital speed read out on the speedometer ..
So my speed accuracy is generally around 0.5kmh
If the road is long enough I sit on Cruise Control at the exact speed .. + - 0.5kmh

Anyone that wants to break the law is free to do so ... On larger roads ( Freeways ) I do try to sit in the left lane ...
Unfortunately everyone has their own idea of what the speed limit should be , beside the posted speed ..

In the USA depending on location , road , BLA BLA ! , there might be a 5 to 10mph tolerance from law enforcement ...
Here we have no such luxury , people have been ticketed for 2kmh over the posted speed ... ( Thats about 1 mph )
I currently have no idea what the tolerance is , it might be back to 5kmh , but I would not bet around $150 on it ....
So for those in the USA , that would be about 3mph tolerance ....
So if you think your revenuers are bad , yeah !

Back