A dark road with kids wearing dark clothes. Wearing shorts increased their safety.

country_hick

Reaction score
Country
United States
This was on a dark road without lights. Although everything turned out alright this was closer to a bad situation than I like to be in.

This video is from a mobius maxi.

Here is the same video from a cheap 1080p mirror cam that was on 720p.

This is the rear view capture of the same event from a 480p cam. You can see how dark it really was.

The maxi captured more detail than the cheap mirror cam did. I only saw a glimpse of the kids legs.
I flashed my lights to see what was on the road ahead of me. That is why I did not hit the kids.
If the kids had worn dark pants instead of shorts I might not have seen them in time.
I stopped and mentioned the danger involved in this type of situation hoping the same kids would not be endangered again.

Today i had a kid cycle strait out in front of me, had i been a phone junkie she would have been dead.
And i would have been forced to retake my driving license due to some one else being stupid ( video to follow )

LANGUAGE WARNING:

Last edited:
Yikes! Both vids are too close for comfort. @country_hick thanks for stopping and explaining to them how much they were in danger- I do hope they listened and learned. I didn't see any reflectors on that bicycle- a HUGE no-no! @kamkar1 I have your answer and it's not a happy one: Today most people are just terribly stupid. Not ignorant which can be cured, but stupid which is cured only by their cessation of breathing. Makes me glad I won't be around much longer to see just how bad it can get.

Most of the car vs pedestrian or car vs bicycle incidents here have an impaired driver involved, and impaired pedestrians is fairly common too. One of the few things this State's government has gotten right is creating laws which place the responsibility of illegal walking or cycling where they belong, and not automatically on the driver. This doesn't help with the post-event trauma a responsible but innocent driver would feel after such an incident though.

These two incidents should be enough for anyone who sees them to understand why having a dashcam is so important- sometimes it is the only thing that can save you from being wrongfully prosecuted over something which you had no way of avoiding. They also show why you must always have 100% of your attention focused on your driving as anything less here could have been catastrophic.

Phil

Yeah had i been messing with my radio then the kid would have been flying.

I know the guy on the parking lot might seem benign to many people, but to me it just pissed me off cuz walking where you please are so irresponsible in my book.
Had it been me walking there, i would have slowed down, maybe changed direction a little so i dont had to stop completely.
But in general i feel its my duty as a driver in a car to accommodate other people in traffic, after all i just sit there on my ass and propel myself around by wiggling my feet, so i dont mind stopping or being nice to the harder working people out there fighting the elements.
BUT ! there is a limit to everything.

This video is from a mobius maxi.

Here is the same video from a cheap 1080p mirror cam that was on 720p.
The Maxi and mirror cam videos on YT are the same?

Zombie indeed, I give them a long aggressive horn blast, just to draw attention from everyone else in the vicinity to the stupidity of the moron

it's especially annoying when they don't even look. in those cases they DO get a nice blast of the horn from me.

if they look but dawdle or intentionally walk slow, they might get some horn too. the teens at the local high school get a lot more horn than anywhere else except maybe downtown houston. by the time you get to high school, you should know to look before walking into a road.

Last edited:
Trust me i was kicking myself for not blasting my horn,,,, at least,,,,,,, need to de-nice myself i think.

The Maxi and mirror cam videos on YT are the same?
Unless I made an error the videos should be different. The maxi footage was brighter and captured more details.

The mirror cam is just slightly off center and the maxi was hanging under the middle of the mirror.

Back