a dvr to leave in my parking car to capture "hit and run" events

Jassi450

Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe
hi

I need a dvr device of some kind of that I can leave in my parking car for hours in order to capture an event in which a car bumps into my car, leaving a dent and than feeding away without leaving a note.a motion detection would be good so the battery won't run out so fast as the car is not turned on and it can't relay on the car's battery.

is there such a device for me ?

I've been using this one for about 7 months and it's been great. I got it when it was $180. Motion and shock sensors work pretty good. I have hard wired into my fusebox and even after leaving the car parked for about 2 weeks it hasn't drained the battery.

I've been using this one for about 7 months and it's been great. I got it when it was $180. Motion and shock sensors work pretty good. I have hard wired into my fusebox and even after leaving the car parked for about 2 weeks it hasn't drained the battery.

thanks for the reply but no way am I connecting anything to my fusebox while the car is turned off :)
I must rely on some other power source. either batteries I would charge in my wall socket at home/work or solar power or something like that...

Last edited:
My Möbius is normally powered from the cigarette lighter socket. When parked, however, The socket receives no power so, in such circumstances. I use an Anker Astro E4 13000 mAh external battery.

The Mobius draws less than 1000 mAh, so there's plenty of capacity for my needs.

I guess I won't use a dash cam for this...
I'll find my some kind of a spy cam with batteries with motion detection

There has been positive reports about Lukas LK-7900 good motion detection.
Myself personally have tested Blacksys CF-100, Albatross II, Cowon AW1, - they all have good motion detection and they record in buffer ( 10 sec before and 20-30 sec after ) motion detected. They also have built in battery discharge device ( firmware ), so you will not drain your car battery.
The best motion detection sensitivity dashcamera of them all is Panorama II, - it also records 10 sec before motion and 30 sec after motion. It also records in buffer. The only thing you need to buy separately battery discharge device ( cost about 20-25 usd ), however I need to point out that Panorama II parking mode ( standby ) draws less than 200mAh, to be more precise = 160mAh.

Back