Parking Mode Features: Which do you deem most critical for ensuring parking security?

Which do you consider the most crucial?

• Low Bitrate Parking Mode

• Buffered Parking Mode

• Timelapse

• Motion Detection

Results are only viewable after voting.
Those descriptions are a little confusing. Buffered simply refers to recording before an event trigger, not what the trigger is. From their description it sounds like they’re referring to buffered impact detection and non-buffered motion detection.

Those descriptions are a little confusing. Buffered simply refers to recording before an event trigger, not what the trigger is. From their description it sounds like they’re referring to buffered impact detection and non-buffered motion detection.
Yeah, you are right. The dash cam is recording continuously without saving to the memory card, the impact is just a trigger to save the recorded video to the memory card.

Welcome to the club.
Are you a representative from a manufacturer, or retailer?
If so, pursuant to DCT Rule #6 you must notify @DashCamMan and he will upgrade your status;
6. Dash Cam manufacturers and retailers are currently allowed to post on the forums.
Please identify yourself as a manufacturer or retailer either in your signature or via a website link.
We will assign you a "Retailer" or "Manufacturer" rank which will appear under your user name when you post.
Ensure your posts add value to the discussion rather than just being spam.

This post is bordering on spam, (violation of DCT Rule#7).
7. Spamming is not allowed and will result in having your account removed.
-Chuck

Seems the most helpful parking mode option is missing: Recording in as if you were in driving mode!
I believe this is termed full-bit rate recording, assisted by hard-wired and dedicated backup battery subsystems.
In my experience, dashcams in any of those 4 listed parking modes always miss some events known to have taken place but which later don't appear in the playback, for example, those further from the immediacy of the dashcam's lens.

1.) Why do you believe Low Bitrate Parking Mode is necessary, in addition to Collision Detection & Time Lapse?
2.) Which of the three do you prefer?

1.)
Low Bitrate Parking Mode is necessary is to capture audio.
We’ve seen users on this forum report parking mode failed to capture incidents like keying / damage to the sides of the car because the perpetrator is out of view of the front & rear cameras.
Audio recording will capture what the cameras can’t, (sounds of the car being keyed / damaged).
In my opinion audio is 50% of the recorded footage / evidence.

2.)
If you look at the number of posts, and tech support inquiries on this forum, Collision Detection (AED) is the least reliable parking mode.
Time Lapse is more reliable than AED, (but no audio).
Low Bitrate Parking Mode is reliable, and also captures audio.
Just between me, and you I do not use parking mode.
In the rare times I leave my car unattended I operate the dash cams in Normal Recording Mode to achieve the highest possible image quality.

Seems the most helpful parking mode option is missing: Recording in as if you were in driving mode!
I believe this is termed full-bit rate recording, assisted by hard-wired and dedicated backup battery subsystems.
In my experience, dashcams in any of those 4 listed parking modes always miss some events known to have taken place but which later don't appear in the playback, for example, those further from the immediacy of the dashcam's lens.
Well... for full time - full bit rate recording you just wire any dash camera to an unswitched voltage supply.

What would you need yet another dedicated parking mode for?

Well... for full time - full bit rate recording you just wire any dash camera to an unswitched voltage supply.

What would you need yet another dedicated parking mode for?
Correct.
Just between me, and you I do not use parking mode.
In the rare times I leave my car unattended I operate the dash cams in Normal Recording Mode to achieve the highest possible image quality.

Indeed, you're correct if there were no limitations. However, the rationale for not implementing this is straightforward: It excessively drains power from the car battery, potentially causing startup issues. Moreover, storage space is limited, and parking mode's full-resolution recording could overwrite daytime driving footage within 24 hours.

I hope we can achieve this REAL 24-hour protection someday.

Indeed, you're correct if there were no limitations. However, the rationale for not implementing this is straightforward: It excessively drains power from the car battery, potentially causing startup issues. Moreover, storage space is limited, and parking mode's full-resolution recording could overwrite daytime driving footage within 24 hours.

I hope we can achieve this REAL 24-hour protection someday.
It's not clear to me why the need to wait until "someday" unless you meant "someday when dashcam owners have enough mula"...

Reliable daisy-chained dashcam battery backup subsystems, to bypass use of car's battery directly, with energy storage capacities limited only by the amount of mula you are willing to shell out have been available for years.
High-definition 4K u3 a2 512Gb high endurance microSD cards also been available for a few years now with recording capacities in upwards of 20,000 hours, that is, 2.3 years of continuous HD video recording (e.g., SanDisk and Samsung) .
Time-proven, reliable hardwiring kits like Power Magic Pro have been around for years as well, and used by hundreds of thousands of drivers worldwide.
Then, seems to me, the only real limitation is good-old mula available to the dashcam fan, no?

Back