A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

It never occurred to me to let you (@spytec) know that the cam I'd bought from you had captured my wreck but it did. The unedited footage will be making a courtroom appearance on July 28.

Not newsworthy since it wasn't a hit n run but the guy is fighting the ticket he got, thus my court summons to appear as a witness.

Damn, it had to be a Veloster... I have the perpetrators car and the victims dashcam.

I'm pretty torn here. :eek:

nHC6eAk.jpg

What happens if you choose mass storage?
Your car stereo might be able to behave as a connected PC and play any music files you put on the memory card in your A118. For it to function as a dashcam on power up, the A118 must not be connected to a device which makes use of the USB data lines, unless the USB lead used has its data lines disconnected.

Your car stereo might be able to behave as a connected PC and play any music files you put on the memory card in your A118. For it to function as a dashcam on power up, the A118 must not be connected to a device which makes use of the USB data lines, unless the USB lead used has its data lines disconnected.

unlikely that the stereo puts out 1A over USB so not ideal for powering the camera

unlikely that the stereo puts out 1A over USB so not ideal for powering the camera
And at 1A the power lines of a USB lead will typically drop about 0.5V per meter of length. Again not ideal.

I'm not sure how long the A118C has been out, but are there any known plans to refresh this with a new version (e.g. A119C) anytime soon? Planning to buy several more A118C, but wondering if I should wait a little in case a new model is coming out soon.

I'm not sure how long the A118C has been out, but are there any known plans to refresh this with a new version (e.g. A119C) anytime soon? Planning to buy several more A118C, but wondering if I should wait a little in case a new model is coming out soon.
if you want a better a118c there is the sg9665gc (at a higher price though of course, you get what you pay for). i dont know off hand if there are announced plans for an a118c successor though.

Back