A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

Soon i'll be getting my A118-C,and i was tracking my shippment i've noticed that my camera comes out with FW: A118.20141119DA380 ,do you guys have any ideas about this FW? I bought my A118 from ebay,seller's name is wonderfull003 and brand is blueskysea.

I am wondering if anyone experienced any issues with this FW ,is it stable?

...the G1W variants come from multiple suppliers, the dearest variant of the G1W costs over double what the cheapest versions costs, think about that and work out how they have saved money

My experience probably reflects this. I bought 2 G1W-H cams and have not had any of the problems widely reported here and on other forums. I did opt to not buy based on price alone but rather on vendor reputation and where it was purchased from. I probably paid 50% more than I would have if I bought on price alone but in my mind that's money well spent.

Hi, the Novatek A118 I have recently purchased this item and seem to have a problem, I want to power this up by Usb from car stereo but when I select PC camera from the boot up screen it goes to a blue screen no camera image, is there away for this to work as I don't like using power socket. I have used other dash cams That have allowed this. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, the Novatek A118 I have recently purchased this item and seem to have a problem, I want to power this up by Usb from car stereo but when I select PC camera from the boot up screen it goes to a blue screen no camera image, is there away for this to work as I don't like using power socket. I have used other dash cams That have allowed this. Thanks

Your aftermarket headunit is compatible only with special DVR made by same factory and not any other DVRs.
The only thing you can do is to connect A118 via 3.5mm video out port to your car headunit via AUX IN port for live view.

Thanks. Sorry I wasn't clear, my bad. I'm only using USB to power the camera up.
As I don't want to use the 12v lighter socket.
When it powers up it give two options Mass storage an Pc camera, if I choose camera it go to a blue screen no live camera view and no response from buttons.

@Bee
Your A118 may think it is connecting to a PC because your USB connection comes from your car stereo and this could be making use of the USB data lines in addition to the USB power lines. Either disconnect the data lines in the USB lead you have, or use a USB lead which does not have the data lines connected.

Thanks. Sorry I wasn't clear, my bad. I'm only using USB to power the camera up.
As I don't want to use the 12v lighter socket.
When it powers up it give two options Mass storage an Pc camera, if I choose camera it go to a blue screen no live camera view and no response from buttons.
What happens if you choose mass storage?

Not sure if this one has been up here yet but the A118 was on the news here from footage of a hit and run:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/06/10/dash-cam-captures-hit-and-run-crash-on-route-2-in-lincoln/

e3287bdc026360eb9bdb5b21ba4b2343.jpg

I thought maybe it was the SG9665GC until I realised the image was a bit soft (Aptina tuned image)

the news sites often show stuff at lower res so hard to know really, guess he didn't like the full cable cover

Ah I already checked that and it didn't say Street Guardian on the time stamp banner ;)

Ah I didn't realize that - in that case it could be either :)

Ah I didn't realize that - in that case it could be either :)

I've always said if we have our logo on screen we'd only do that if you have the ability to turn it off, appreciate some people might not appreciate it

of course if it were on and our brand ended up being shown on the news you might receive a free camera as a thank you so it's not all bad ;)

Back