[A118] Wrong date of files since 2016

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all !

The files of my A118 have wrong date and not all my files are recorded since the beginning of this year.
Is there a new firmawe to fix this ?

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting one of these but I've read there were issues with the 2014 date and now I'm seeing there may be an issue with 2016?

Is this with the GPS or without? I've just got a new car and I'm looking for a cost effective dashcam but if there are simple date issues then I might pass on this model which is a shame since it is so discreet. The last thing I want is to find out the camera hasn't been recording!

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Last year, I had the same issue with GPS and dates.
Non-GPS model did not have this issue in 2015. I haven't tested yet on 2016.

Is it the A118 or A118-C? (Your signature indicates you have both.)

I just checked the A118-C in my wife's car and it changed from Dec. '15 to Jan. '16 without any issues. This is with GPS.

I talk about A118.
I will test A118C tomorrow

Is it the A118 or A118-C? (Your signature indicates you have both.)

I just checked the A118-C in my wife's car and it changed from Dec. '15 to Jan. '16 without any issues. This is with GPS.

will depend on firmware version also

No issue with my A118 battery no gps, and no issue with my A118C+GPS
I've sent an email to Foxoffer

Good idea, and it will help the last file to be saved without being corrupted by my used battery ;)
Do you have a link for this firmware?

I've found a March 2015 firmware from Foxoffer in the A118 official dashcamtalk page, but not the November 2015 firmware.

I've flashed the A118C firmware, but now I've got the inconvenience of the capacitor version.
The dashcam shuts down when I start the engine.

I really need the A118 (battery) firmware and still no answer from Foxoffer :(

I checked one of our old GM models today and it was doing the date correctly, that's Jan 2015 firmware from memory

What is GM ? You mean SG ?

Is the firmware compatible with A118 from Foxoffer ?
Any link if yes ?

Is there a risk to brick the A118 if not compatible ?

Is there a risk to brick the A118 if not compatible ?

won't brick, that's not an issue, there were some minor differences on some of the older cameras so the video quality would look fine on one version and not so good on the other, not sure what was different as I never saw the other hardware to see what they had changed but something was different, maybe the lens, not sure

you can always roll back if it doesn't work for your model

Back