A118C, SDCARD blocked inside

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all !

Received an A118C.
First inserted a micro SD card (in the right way) but was blocked inside.

I found out that the speaker was glued on the SD card slot :rolleyes:

I've removed the speaked very carefully, and then the SD card has automatically been ejected :D

But now, when I insert a SD card, it does not stay inside, it is ejected as soon I release my finger.
I think that the problem is located at the red arrow of the 2nd picture but I don't know how to fix it.

Any idea ? :confused:

Before : (you can also see a strange location of the microphone...)
a118-110.jpg

After :
a118-210.jpg

FIXED !!!

I've pushed the SDCARD in, and then pushed the small metal thing at the red arrow point with a very small flat screwdriver.
Now the micro SD card works fine ! :)

But it is very stupid to glue the speaker on the SDCARD slot !! :mad:

Probably the factory do this to save some assembly time...:confused:
Microphone and Speaker shoud be glued on the case.

Speaker placed on its right place :
right-10.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this, Chris. There are a number of users here who are having similar problems, myself included, and it would be nice if the resolution turns out to be as positive as yours.

Nice to see you fixed it !
Wonder if maybe the bad ones are assembled by a new-hire or someone that had way too much baijiu to drink the night before and came to work with a wicked hangover?

Dang it, mine is working fine but now I feel compelled to open it up to see if it's sloppy inside too :confused:
Hmmm, they did a cleaner glue job on this one, and I saw where the RTC battery is hiding. Thought about relocating the speaker and mic, but if it ain't broke...
A118C inside.jpg

Yep, yours appears to be a cleaner install. Yours doesn't appear to have any glue on the little tab that people are saying holds the card in place.

agreed. that is a cleaner install of the speaker. mine had a big glob of glue on that L shaped tab and seeped underneath it a bit as well.

But it is very stupid to glue the speaker on the SDCARD slot !! :mad:

Probably the factory do this to save some assembly time...:confused:
Microphone and Speaker shoud be glued on the case.

Speaker placed on its right place :

We have noticed some sd card eject problem, only a few pieces have such problem, and most of them are returned to the factory to fix.

About the microphone, the factory put it on the sd card slot to solve the background noise problem.
Some buyers report the background noise problem before when the A118 recording in quite enviroment.
The microphone will stay in right place in next batch.

SD card slot is tested carefully before shipping after we noticed this problem some times ago.

If you have got a camera withe SD card problem, you can follow the @chris-s way to solve the problem, or just use a tool to take it out.

Thanks @billknow for explaining the reason of this location choice for the speaker :)

billknow is right about that. Thanks chris-s for fixing this :) People with the same problem will thank you too

Last edited by a moderator:
We have noticed some sd card eject problem, only a few pieces have such problem, and most of them are returned to the factory to fix.

About the microphone, the factory put it on the sd card slot to solve the background noise problem.
Some buyers report the background noise problem before when the A118 recording in quite enviroment.
The microphone will stay in right place in next batch.

SD card slot is tested carefully before shipping after we noticed this problem some times ago.

If you have got a camera withe SD card problem, you can follow the @chris-s way to solve the problem, or just use a tool to take it out.

Hi, was reading this thread and I'm wondering if you got the microphone and speaker mixed up. From what I understand, the speaker is glued on top of the microSD card slot. So I'm confused why you're saying that the microphone is put on the SD card slot to fix a background noise problem. From the pictures, I see that the microphone is attached on top of the capacitor. Is the microphone placement on top of the capacitor the intended correct location or is the microphone supposed to be attached to the case?

I believe that this was a slip of the tongue, he meant to say the speaker was glued on the card holder. Anyway, this is an 'old' issue and if your card slot is working, don't worry about it.

I believe that this was a slip of the tongue, he meant to say the speaker was glued on the card holder. Anyway, this is an 'old' issue and if your card slot is working, don't worry about it.

Actually, I don't have a SD card slot issue, but instead have a microphone issue with static noise in the audio recording. So that's how I found this thread by searching on "microphone" and "A118C". I'm wondering what is supposed to be the correct location of the microphone. Is it really supposed to be on top of the capacitor or should it be attached to the inside of the case near where the mic hole is labeled on the outside?

Is it really supposed to be on top of the capacitor or should it be attached to the inside of the case near where the mic hole is labeled on the outside?

I would think that it's really supposed to be attached to the case, but most people who have opened the case because of problems with the sdcard slot have just left it where it it. The wires are very short. However, if it is causing you problems you should try attaching it to the case or placing a barrier underneath it like this member did. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a118c-fix-for-microphone-static.10799/

I would think that it's really supposed to be attached to the case, but most people who have opened the case because of problems with the sdcard slot have just left it where it it. The wires are very short. However, if it is causing you problems you should try attaching it to the case or placing a barrier underneath it like this member did. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a118c-fix-for-microphone-static.10799/

it was originally mounted directly to the PCB however the mic is that sensitive that it picks up the sound of data being written to the memory card, that's the low level squeal you hear in the early versions, moving the mic away from the card slot got rid of the noise

Back