Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Mini 0805

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

dashtalk

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am looking for an all around dashcam and I am trying to decide between A118C and Mini 0805.

Things that are important to me:

• Plate recognition
  • Reliability
  • Night performance
  • Community support
  • Quality video

The A118c at night isn't great. Never used any of the minis.
Plate recognition?

Reliability, maybe the A118C might be better than the Mini 0805... Performance, maybe the Mini 0805 is slightly better.

The A118c at night isn't great. Never used any of the minis.
Plate recognition?
Yeah license plate?

Reliability, maybe the A118C might be better than the Mini 0805... Performance, maybe the Mini 0805 is slightly better.

Is not really for me as I already got 2x mobius but my in law needs a beginner friendly dashcam.

Didn't want to recommend something that would break down in a few years as Winters in canada are quite harsh ~ -20

Is it that big of a difference?

Image quality is where its at ..
Then reliability ...
And the Mini 0805 overall is not in the running ...
The A118c is probably more reliable , though the image quality on mine is not the greatest .. More than good enough to show who's at fault ... But capturing plates ... ( ? )
From the cams I have owned , Dome G90 or Ausdom A261

Image quality is where its at ..
Then reliability ...
And the Mini 0805 overall is not in the running ...
The A118c is probably more reliable , though the image quality on mine is not the greatest .. More than good enough to show who's at fault ... But capturing plates ... ( ? )
From the cams I have owned , Dome G90 or Ausdom A261

I have seen tons of day videos and their quality look quite good.

?????????????????????/
Which cam ?

My 0805 had good video , but the GPS was flaky as all heck ,
My A118c has been reliable , but the video is not as sharp as some
I can only speak for the cams I have had or currently own ...
I do have the 0826 , but the focus is quite noticeably soft , Im not sure how reliable it is ...
I haven't bothered to check ( a little disappointed with the focus issue )
One of these days I will pull the 0826 apart to see if I can correct the focus ( or kill the cam )

?????????????????????/
Which cam ?

My 0805 had good video , but the GPS was flaky as all heck ,
My A118c has been reliable , but the video is not as sharp as some
I can only speak for the cams I have had or currently own ...
I do have the 0826 , but the focus is quite noticeably soft , Im not sure how reliable it is ...
I haven't bothered to check ( a little disappointed with the focus issue )
One of these days I will pull the 0826 apart to see if I can correct the focus ( or kill the cam )

A118C

I really liked the Papago GS 110, which had overall good video, was user friendly, and had a capacitor. As a user friendly first cam, it edges out the A118C quite a bit if you find it online for a good price. Maybe $10-15 more than the A118C.

The day video of the A118C is good. Night......not great.

I'm currently using an Ausdom AD118 which is kind of comparable generically to the A118C in video quality, but has a battery. It's fairly user friendly. Day time video is good. It can mount like an A118, or with an included suction cup mount. (Has both mounts)

Like 4570 mentioned, the A261 is a nice cam, and sometimes at a very nice price online. Not sure it's worth the usual $130 US amazon price, but if you find it cheaper, it's cool.

If you get one for around $50USD , I think it is quite a decent little cam @ that price point .
Like I said , mine is not the sharpest A118c in town , but it has been reliable ..

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a118c-vs-mini0805-night.14128/

Night comparison

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a118c-and-dome-g90.14041/

118c VS Dome G90

Yeah G90 would've been awesome and $10 cheaper but no capacitor which may not be the greatest in canadian weather.

I really liked the Papago GS 110, which had overall good video, was user friendly, and had a capacitor. As a user friendly first cam, it edges out the A118C quite a bit if you find it online for a good price. Maybe $10-15 more than the A118C.

The day video of the A118C is good. Night......not great.

I'm currently using an Ausdom AD118 which is kind of comparable generically to the A118C in video quality, but has a battery. It's fairly user friendly. Day time video is good. It can mount like an A118, or with an included suction cup mount. (Has both mounts)

Like 4570 mentioned, the A261 is a nice cam, and sometimes at a very nice price online. Not sure it's worth the usual $130 US amazon price, but if you find it cheaper, it's cool.

Well they wanted $70 more so that's a no go.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00HNLE22G

If you are brave, check some of the chinese retailers online. At one time gearbest had the Papago GS110 for under $60. (US) The price varies.

If you are brave, check some of the chinese retailers online. At one time gearbest had the Papago GS110 for under $60. (US) The price varies.

I wouldn't let them fool me again.

Once I bought from gearbest but I got ripped off, they claimed delivered but it wasn't my address or my signature yet PayPal did nothing and they almost got away with it.

Luckily a rep from RFD forums got my refund back after many complaints from multiple customers.

If you see the GS110 at $75-80 US or below, it's a good deal. (don't see any other established online retailers with it below $110 right now.)
I don't think GB is dishonest, just have some varying levels of competency at times.
:)
I've bought a few things from them, never had a problem.

...Well they wanted $70 more so that's a no go...
It only hurts once to buy quality - if you buy cheap it hurts every time you have a problem. :(

I only buy directly from overseas under 2 situations: 1) it's my only option or 2) I'm spending money I can afford lose.

It only hurts once to buy quality - if you buy cheap it hurts every time you have a problem. :(

I only buy directly from overseas under 2 situations: 1) it's my only option or 2) I'm spending money I can afford lose.

I don't buy hyped prices, they can be found half the price in the USA.

Back