A119 Mini received

Since Brexit, the UK has abolished all these extra fees, taxes and other charges! When you order something online, from anywhere in the world, you pay the price shown on the website, and then it is delivered. Before Brexit, that only applied to European Union orders, but now it is for the whole Earth!
I wish but it's not the case, we still have to pay duty, they're supposed to collect VAT at their end but a lot just stopped shipping to the UK.

Some of the express services still deliver the goods up front and then send an invoice afterwards which is a double edged sword - you get your goods quicker but then you can get an unexpected bill afterwards.

Just six months ago I got something from Germany which came via GLS / Parcelforce and after going through customs at this end they send out a letter, you pay the bill and then they release it.

I had something from China a few weeks back that sat in customs for literally weeks but was under the limit and it came through free eventually.

Under a certain amount you're ok but they still catch ones that slip through the net and haven't been paid accordingly, it's pot luck sometimes.

Some of the express services still deliver the goods up front and then send an invoice afterwards which is a double edged sword - you get your goods quicker but then you can get an unexpected bill afterwards.
Don't think they are allowed to do that?

"Anyone needing to pay customs charges will be contacted by the courier company and asked to pay the charges before they can receive their goods."

Under a certain amount you're ok but they still catch ones that slip through the net and haven't been paid accordingly, it's pot luck sometimes.
"Shoppers buying stocking fillers or small value items, not including excise goods, don’t need to worry as goods sent in consignments worth less than £135 should not attract additional charges, as UK VAT is collected by the seller on behalf of HMRC at the point of sale. This will also apply to goods being purchased from non-EU countries."

Had some powering issues with my Mini yesterday, probably partly due to my old power tap and partly due to the supplied adapter shape just barely allowing it to reach the center terminal. I'll address the issue today but count this as another vote for a power adapter with a longer body since I'm not the only one experiencing that problem.

Phil

Since Brexit, the UK has abolished all these extra fees, taxes and other charges! When you order something online, from anywhere in the world, you pay the price shown on the website, and then it is delivered. Before Brexit, that only applied to European Union orders, but now it is for the whole Earth!

Not quite as far as I understand things, anything below £135 and the onus is on the seller to collect VAT from you as part of the sale and then forward the VAT to the UK. Anything over £135 and it will incur groping and VAT and custom charges which will need to be paid to the delivery company.

I've created a thread of my videos with the Mini comparing them to some contemporaries HERE

Phil

Grabbed a little footage from the A119 mini during my drive yesterday, took me a while to figure that the hell was wrong ( the clock are way off )
I will have to check on that later, cuz thats no good.

Grabbed a little footage from the A119 mini during my drive yesterday, took me a while to figure that the hell was wrong ( the clock are way off )
I will have to check on that later, cuz thats no good.

The clock is a known problem, it is using Beijing time!

I noticed that as soon as you start to zoom in, the sky changes colour slightly and the wind turbines loose their blades!
Not sure why it would do that, seems a little odd, but I don't know how you do the zooming and I don't think it can be Youtube's fault. Leaves me wondering if the readability of the plates is affected, might be worth doing a frame grab of an original, zooming in with a photo editor and then comparing with your edited video...

I use 2 features of powerdirector 17.

1: first i find the best view of the plate, then i create a 6 second long freeze frame.
2: i then use the pan / zoom feature on the freeze frame, where in the first 1 second i zoom into the plate, then i move forward 4 seconds and make a new keyframe as the previous one, then i move 1 more second forward to the very end of the 6 second freeze frame, where i post the last keyframe telling that by here i want to be zoomed out and again centered on the video.

so you get 1 second zooming in - 4 seconds to look at the plate captured, and then 1 second zooming back out.

It is pretty strait forward, take me about a few of minutes to edit the clip above.

It could be the pan / zoom do something funny, maybe as i upscale in post too, i never noticed what you say as i am so focused on the plates.

I am contemplating a new way of doing these, so just have 3 seconds of the plate zoomed in, but then cut it out, and have that cut out plate displayed on the regular footage for 3 seconds or so after the freeze frame.
but that probably only work if cars are not driving " bumper 2 bumper"

The A pillar was usually in the way but I also looked at 'face capture' and it looks every bit as good (y)

Phil

The A119 mini are still going strong, though on the drive yesterday when facing the sun, well the driver of the car sould barely see anything.

Maybe my english is not good at all, but your dashcam is not facing the sun.

No this is on the way home, i had to forgo most of the footage on the way out, CUZ if i was OK in regard to the sun, there was no oncoming traffic to pause on.

Back