A119 Mount Compatibility

neilmcl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A119
My original A119 is coming to the end of the it's life, can I reuse the GPS mount if I purchased the A119 v3?

My original A119 is coming to the end of the it's life, can I reuse the GPS mount if I purchased the A119 v3?
Are you sure that it isn't just the memory card coming to end of it's life?

Are you sure that it isn't just the memory card coming to end of it's life?

The capacitor doesn't seem to be holding much charge anymore so when the car's not in much use, which is quite a bit at the moment, the dashcam keeps resetting itself including the date/time, which in turn is causing a bit of a problem because no files are being saved due to all of the existing files on the SD card have a later date and therefore can't be overwritten.

Reminds me, must put my old standby V2 on charge. :)

The capacitor doesn't seem to be holding much charge anymore so when the car's not in much use, which is quite a bit at the moment, the dashcam keeps resetting itself including the date/time, which in turn is causing a bit of a problem because no files are being saved due to all of the existing files on the SD card have a later date and therefore can't be overwritten.
You could try copying Kremmen and plug it into a wall charger for 24 hours, the RTC charges very slowly so that may bring it back if you've only been making very short journeys. Of course a V3 is a nice upgrade, so that may be preferable anyway.

Back