A119 red led recording indicator

JOE B

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DOD LS460W, G1W-S , A119-v2, Navman mivue 660
I only had my A119 a few days then updated firmware to the latest v.3.4 . I have noticed there is no indication to see if its recording or even that it's running once screen dims out. I can't be sure but i think the 'rec button was lite red with previous version.

If you have the menu settings "LED" set to "ON" and menu setting "Beep Sound" set to "All ON", the red REC button light is steady on when recording and the A119 warns of not recording by blinking the REC button light while sounding a repeated double beep sound. The red REC button light is the main way to tell if your A119 is powered. If you can see the LCD screen, you can confirm recording by the blinking red dot in the upper left quadrant of the screen. If screen saver is on and fades out the screen you can short press the power button to re-activate the screen, or go the "Screen Saver" menu setting and select "OFF" to view the LCD display all the time. If you are getting nothing to indicate the A119 is running, i.e., no button lights, screen activity, sounds, or button responses, check your power source.

Last edited:
Many thanks . What confused me was "led" in the menu . As my GW1S has 2 actual forward facing leds to shine ahead which i always leave off. A bad assumption on my behalf.

>>The red REC button light is the main way to tell if your A119 is powered.<<

So when does the green LED behind the power button turn on???

>>The red REC button light is the main way to tell if your A119 is powered.<<

So when does the green LED behind the power button turn on???
Green light is ON steady when not recording (in Standby) in Parking Mode. Otherwise I've seen it go on and off occasionally, but haven't cataloged the reasons for those occasions, i.e., I don't know.

Back