A119 stops recording early then hangs for 2 minutes and repeats the process

alex2016g

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, guys

I am having an issue with my A119 V2.

Specs: Viofo A119 V2 on latest official loader and firmware V4 (A119_180913_V4.01)
SD card: Transcend 128GB SDXC U3 V30 UHS1
USB charger: 2 ports combined 5V 3.something Amps, only one port used for the camera.

The issue is that after startup, the camera records about 2:30 min of video then hangs for just under 1 minute, then shows recording time of around 10:45 min for a second and then starts recording again. the process repeats

I have formated the card on the camera and on the computer many times, no change.
I have reinstalled the firmware a few times no change.
Last time reinstalled the loader and firmware one after the other, no change. (all from official website)

Tried recording in 1440p or 1080p 60fps no difference (mp4 and vs)
Tried changing the video length, 10min, 5 min, 1min. same story. in 1min setting the camera records multiple videos smoothly until they combine to 2:30 sometime combine to 1:30 and then hangs, so first video of 1 min, then next video starts with no problem runs for around 30sec and hangs.

Any advice would be appreciated. Not sure what else to do. SD is relatively new bought it this year after old one failed.

I have recorded a video of that process,

Last edited:
Is there a list anywhere of what cards not to buy?
no because it's something that changes a lot, if there was though that one would be top of the list, we've had to return a few hundred of those

Sandisk High Endurance or Samsung U3 cards are currently a good choice

no because it's something that changes a lot, if there was though that one would be top of the list, we've had to return a few hundred of those

Sandisk High Endurance or Samsung U3 cards are currently a good choice

Thanks, is it a bad card? or incompatibility with the camera?
What I am trying to understand is do i need to request warranty on the card?

Thanks, is it a bad card? or incompatibility with the camera?
What I am trying to understand is do i need to request warranty on the card?
refund would be a better option, a replacement will do the same before too long, they're just not suitable for dashcam use

refund would be a better option, a replacement will do the same before too long, they're just not suitable for dashcam use

Bought it at the beginning of the year, dont think that I can get a refund for purchase so long, but can get a replacement if the card is bad.

Also what is the best way to test that the card is bad?

Back