A119 V2 speaker failure

CJE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

bought a A119V2 with GPS off Amazon.co.uk the other day and have had no issues with the device (apart from not being able to turn off speed whilst maintaining GPS Co-ordinates).

Unfortunately, I've come to the device today to find all beeps/start up sounds have ceased working. I've checked in settings, restored back to default. I did hear a beep once or twice but it seemed to have been completely unrelated to the rest of the actions taking place on screen.

I've organised a return with Amazon but was unsure if anyone else has had this issue?

I presume the device was recently manufactured due to the firmware being 4.01.

I assume you have beeps turned on in the settings?
Try to reload the firmware and see if that helps.

All beeps are on and I've reloaded the firmware again but sadly there is no noise.

Thanks for the reply.

All beeps are on and I've reloaded the firmware again but sadly there is no noise.
It is necessary to open the recorder and look at the soldering of wires, black and red.

IMG_20190601_214416.jpg

If my replacement from Viofo does the same and is out of warranty (12 months in the UK) I will take a look. I do not wish to open the device yet.

Thanks

Wonder if you have any update with your unit?
I recently have the same issue. For months I have disabled all beeps as I don't have an SD card available. (plus not driving for months) But when I tried to turn on all beep... nothing. I have contacted Viofo and they said the speaker was defective. Seems a bit odd for a speaker to not function.

I have tried these steps with no luck.
  • - reinstall the Latest Firmware (V4.0)
  • - select "Default Setting"
  • - Turn "Beep Sound" - ALL ON
  • - Reset button + Power Cycle

Back