A119 V3 1440p 60fps bitrate

So, just back to 60fps HDR off.

You might recall this post from last July where I discussed the syncing problem the A119 V3 has with the two simultaneous HDR 30fps exposures. Of course, I wasn't the only member to bring this up but I think my example shows the issue quite well. HDR simply doesn't work adequately on this camera. (or any other current dash cam for that matter). I mean HDR does indeed do what it is supposed to do but the two double exposed images are out of registration. Not sure why this can't be fixed but the issue is apparently in the chipset, not the firmware. 60fps works fine with HDR disabled (during the day) but as you know many of us had low light issues.

V3_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
I agree, when I view my 30fps HDR footage it's exactly the same.

I've got a reminder to switch back to 60fps non-HDR later.

No rush as we are starting full lockdown today = the CTEK will get more use than the dashcam this month.

So what's the consensus by now on this? 30fps with HDR off for no ghosting, highest bitrate and best performance at night?

Or did the firmware updates change anything?

So what's the consensus by now on this? 30fps with HDR off for no ghosting, highest bitrate and best performance at night?
On the latest firmware, if you want to see license plates at night, HDR must be enabled.

Back