A119 v3 GPS base loose fit + my fix

EVA pads are no longer provided with the A119V3. Not sure why, but they stopped this a little while ago.
You are absolutely correct. I received my new A119 V3 today and there is no EVA pad supplied.
I have a very good secure connection between the GPS Mount and the Camera so not a problem here..
However, here is something new below at least to me. I received 2 Electrostatic Stickers and the instructions are:
Remove this protective sheet and apply the electrostatic sticker to the clean windshield before attaching the adhesive camera mount.
This will ensure easy removal of the the camera mount.
UPDATE: I didn't use the electrostatic sticker.
I have an eye problem and it's too difficult to line up and fit squarely.
I didn't use the old GPS mount or power cord from my V2 either.
I used the new V3 GPS cord and GPS mount that came with the dash cam.
Everything else is good.

Last edited:
I recently bought the A119 v3 and before installing the fit of the camera in the GPS base felt fine. But, after I got the GPS base on the windshield and popped the camera into it, I notice that there's a bit of wiggle room. I searched the forum and didn't find where anyone seems to be having this problem with the v3 and the mounts that came with it, so I don't know if I buggered something up or not.

I looked at Viofo's solution but being impatient I rummaged around in the junk drawer and McGuyvered it. I used the loop side of some hook & loop tape. Notice that the loop is not very thick. I think if you try this you'll need to find something similar. There was another roll in the drawer that was significantly thicker.

The camera slides on to the mount easily and locks in solidly.

View attachment 60040. View attachment 60041
I did this because there was no EVA pad included with my camera. I can buy from Amazon or from Viofo if I need to in the future.
You shall contact us by here if you need some EVA,

Back