A119S

You are one lucky person
That version is probably the one that is on the latest production runs. They sent it to me the other day as well, but I don't know what has been changed/improved.

Tried translating the included release notes but doesn't yield anything that can be made sense of.

Tried translating the included release notes but doesn't yield anything that can be made sense of.
I guess the only way is to make a test run to see any changes in the footage

the notes are in Chinese, if you don't have a Chinese operating system the text will just show as gibberish

here you go

/ ************************************************* **********************************************
Date: 2016-12-16
Ver: A119S_161216_V1.01
/ ************************************************* **********************************************
1. Repair the playback mode, pause and then play no sound problem.

Date: 2016-12-08
Ver: A119S_20161208_V1.0
1. GPS default to off;
2. The default time is modified to 20161208;
3. Change the version number to: A119S_20161208_V1.0

Date: 2016-12-08
Ver: A119S_20161208_V1.05
1. Update IQ.

Date: 2016-11-22
Ver: A119S_20161122_V1.04
1. Automatic optimization of dead pixels correction (Pan);
2. repair white balance problem (Pan);
3. Increase the sensitivity of each file Gsensor.

Date: 2016-11-09
Ver: A119S_20161109_V1.03
1. Synchronize the latest A119 features and fix common issues.

Date: 2016-10-26
Ver: A119S_20161026_V1.02
1. Improve the motion detection sensitivity;
2. Fixed formatting reminder option error problem;
3. Repair the power plug flashing white power problem;
4. fix the connection TV, marquee and preview does not correspond to the problem;
5. Increase the card full (non-local recording card full) can be formatted.

Date: 2016-10-09
Ver: A119S_20161009_V1.01
1. Repair 720P30 video jitter problem;
2. Remediate the remaining features not synchronized to A119.

Date: 2016-09-25
Ver: A119S.160925.V1
1. The new SDK synchronizes the latest A119 functionality.

Last edited:
Hi
I asked two weeks ago Viofo of the firmware V1.01. On the next day I got this answer:

"A119S_161216_V1.01 fix playback mode, pause and then play without sound problem."

the notes are in Chinese, if you don't have a Chinese operating system the text will just show as gibberish

Didn't mess up when opened as a HTML document with Word but Google translate gives a totally absurd translation.

The A119S was one of the cams I was going to buy, but there are too many issues currently to sort out. The video isn't especially impressive compared to the A119.

As a new cam owner (bought the Street Guardian SG9665GC) this makes it harder to suggest cams for friends. I know it's new, but shouldn't the newer version be more of a clear "upgrade"?

The A119S was one of the cams I was going to buy, but there are too many issues currently to sort out. The video isn't especially impressive compared to the A119.

As a new cam owner (bought the Street Guardian SG9665GC) this makes it harder to suggest cams for friends. I know it's new, but shouldn't the newer version be more of a clear "upgrade"?
I have not been impressed with the A119S and would probably recommend the A119 over it. Most of my driving is during the day and the A119 just has a better picture during the day. The night time video, as it is now, is not all that much better on the A119S. Maybe it will get better with FW updates; we will see.

I have not been impressed with the A119S and would probably recommend the A119 over it. Most of my driving is during the day and the A119 just has a better picture during the day. The night time video, as it is now, is not all that much better on the A119S. Maybe it will get better with FW updates; we will see.

The A119S video during day and evening have both been clear to me, despite my windshield needing a proper cleaning, and it performed well while driving in the rain at night, too.

This is also my first dashcam, so I don't have anything to directly compare it to, but it generally matches what I've seen in YouTube videos where exposure and clarity looked very good. It does have some flaring at night with streetlights and headlights at times, but I already expected that from what was in early previews, plus I just got my CPL filters in the mail so have yet to try them out. Regardless, those flares don't inhibit my ability to see actual things of interest in the videos, such as license plates and street signs.

The A119S video during day and evening have both been clear to me, despite my windshield needing a proper cleaning, and it performed well while driving in the rain at night, too.

This is also my first dashcam, so I don't have anything to directly compare it to, but it generally matches what I've seen in YouTube videos where exposure and clarity looked very good. It does have some flaring at night with streetlights and headlights at times, but I already expected that from what was in early previews, plus I just got my CPL filters in the mail so have yet to try them out. Regardless, those flares don't inhibit my ability to see actual things of interest in the videos, such as license plates and street signs.

The lights flaring got much better for me once I cleaned the windshield. Also, the glare from my dash is nearly gone after installing the CPL filter. The image quality is good but I do think the A119's quality is better and given the price difference, I think I would recommend the A119. I think the A119S may be a victim of the quality of the A119 as it set a high bar that will be tough to beat.

I emailed Viofo on 1.13.2017 that I was having restarting and flickering line issues. On the 19th they sent me the file.
Were you able to update your unit? If so, what preloader did you use? I need to reflash mine as im experiencing issues myself.

@viofo Just install the new firmware update for the A119S and you will see that there is an improvement in the focus, clarity and the overall HD color on footage playback. Originally I was not impressed with the A119S but since that recent firmware update all I can say is WOWWWW terrific. It now equal in quality with DVR's 2 times the price

Last edited:
Just install the new firmware update for the A119S and you will see that there is an improvement in the focus, clarity and the overall HD color on footage playback. Originally I was not impressed with the A119S but since that recent firmware update all I can say is WOWWWW terrific. It now equal in quality with DVR's 2 times the price
My unit came with FW 1.01 preinstalled so I am up to date. I am beginning to like the A119S more and more but still prefer the A119's cooler color temps.

I emailed Viofo on 1.13.2017 that I was having restarting and flickering line issues. On the 19th they sent me the file.
Your issue isent related to firmware.
Its electric short. It happened to alot costumers.
You shuld open your dvr, take out the yellow cable, and pluge it back.
Than open the screws on the cover and take out the other side of the yellow cable and plug it back.
It shuld fix your issue.

Also, i would suggest you to use the main mini usb socket on the dvr.
I found out that the gps mount socket isnt reliable.

Best regards,
Alex.

Anyone also has this issue where the GPS can't connect? My A119S has been like that for a few days... Tomorrow would try the GPS mount from my A119 and see if it works...

20170206_224058-1134x2016.jpg

Last edited:
Check your pin on the gps module. Maybe one of the pin got stuck.
Anyone also has this issue where the GPS can't connect? My A119S has been like that for a few days... Tomorrow would try the GPS mount from my A119 and see if it works...

View attachment 29079

Check your pin on the gps module. Maybe one of the pin got stuck.
Let me understand.... your A119S doesn't seem to work with your GPS module? You say you will try to see if the GPS is ok with your A119. The only concern I have is.... the GPS module which DVR was it delivered with? Because I was led to believe that the earlier GPS modules that were supplied with the A119 will not work with the A119S Maybe you mixed up the modules without realizing

Back