A129 DUO V1.9 BETA Version for testing

unstable. Cannot revert back to original 1.9, why?

Yes, I did reformat the card prior to testing this FW version

TonyM-

Is this the same beta version you were testing weeks ago when you said "the g-sensor in parking mode is much improved"? I don't see any indications of that in the present firmware version that Viofo has given us customers....??? Has anyone been able to validate that the g-sensor in parking mode has improved?

Also, there seems to be numerous problems that have crept up with this "new/improved firmware". A minor change I noticed is you cannot turn off the camera while the car is still running as you could before. Now, you need to turn your car off first, and then turn off the camera. Again, this is a minor point...the most important thing has been g-sensor in parking mode has not worked at all!!!

The thing I was told by Viofo is that this problem of the g-sensor not working ion Parking Mode would get fixed by end of August; and then Viofo told Sdeel7491 said the problem would get fixed by the end of October. At the time he was told that (September) I said the problem wouldn't even be fixed by November, and it looks like unfortunately I'll be right.

Viofo needs to be/get honest with their customers!!! - - Viofo has pushed this "new/improved firmware" onto us existing customers and it seems to be anything but "improved"!

I'm using V1.9T2 with low bitrate parking mode and the g-sensor goes off every time I close my door (while the camera is in parking mode). G-sesnor left at default of high. Didn't do this on V1.9. Also, my power button work as it did before. I power down the camera every time I park in my garage, before I shut off the car.
Did you manually default the cameras settings, then press the reset button on the side of the camera after the update?

Is this the same beta version you were testing weeks ago when you said "the g-sensor in parking mode is much improved"?
No, it's not the same version. It has moved on since then.

What I said was, "Without causing damage to my car, I can trigger the g-sensor in parking mode", which is still true.

I installed the beta FW yesterday (V1.9T7 - Build20191120).

I did a soft reset to default in camera, plus hard reset button. Card is Viofo 64GB U3, formatted in-camera. Loop duration set to 3 minutes. Low-bitrate parking mode enabled.

Issues so far:
- On two occasions, the camera completely shut down when I turned off the ignition. I had HK3 connected to the GPS mount, and red LEDs in the HK3 showed it was capable of supplying power to the camera. Since connecting HK3 directly to the camera, the camera no longer shuts off completely by itself.
- I suspect loop recording started this afternoon. I had a lot of double-beeps, all whilst driving. Usually a pair of double-beeps every minute or two. I also had a sequence of 6No double beeps, and another of 4No double-beeps.
After another reformat, the camera worked fine for a couple of days. Then today I found it beeping constantly in parking mode - not recording. When I turned on the engine it switched to parking mode and recorded all the way home. Then at home the beeping resumed with no recording in parking mode.

I'm using V1.9T2 with low bitrate parking mode and the g-sensor goes off every time I close my door (while the camera is in parking mode). G-sesnor left at default of high. Didn't do this on V1.9. Also, my power button work as it did before. I power down the camera every time I park in my garage, before I shut off the car.
Did you manually default the cameras settings, then press the reset button on the side of the camera after the update?

Thanks for your post. I will retest closing doors and seeing if I can get the g-sensor to trigger. I did set all settings to "default" and and pushed the reset button before reverting the settings to my preferred settings. - - I used to always turn off my camera before shutting off my car; now I am unable to do so. Pushing the off button does nothing. Once the car is shut off, pushing the off button (Left most button) causes the camera to shut off like I used to do before turning off my car... ???

One would think that Viofo or "someone on Viofo's behalf", if Viofo is unable to communicate to their customers, would have a list of "each and every step" one should take in upgrading or downgrading Viofo's firmware. The following is all Viofo has on their website which is clearly missing some steps...

Please do the following to upgrade the dash cam:

The firmware will be automatically deleted from Micro SD card after upgrade completed.

1. Use a memory card (recommend 16GB-128GB memory card) formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  3. Copy the FWA129.bin on the root of the card
  4. After FWA129.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until the camera restart.
The front red LED will be blinking while upgrading.

I can turn mine off before shutting of vehicle, like always. Holding the power button for 4 seconds or so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I stand corrected! - - I did two things:

#1) I turned my car on for a couple of minutes in the driveway and then pushed the left button like always, and the camera went off as I'd expect. I guess I can monitor that situation and see if the "not-going-off" happens again. - - If it did, it's not that big of a deal. I've always had the habit of turning my cam off just before I turn off my car when I'm home.

#2) While in the car, with the dash cam in "parking mode", I shut the car door firmly and the g-sensor triggered. Btw, I have the parking mode g-sensor set to "high". I also temporarily set my driving mode g-sensor to high just to see if bumps in road would cause it to trigger, which they did. I'll adjust that setting to "low" as I don't really care to be notified that I've run over a pothole or a bump. Presumably "low" will trigger the g-sensor in the event of a serious collision...

So, considering #2, which to me was most important, things are certainly coming along with our a129! I have not had the double beeps while driving that TonyM mentioned. Btw, although I switched to "Default Settings" and then "Reset" the dash cam after I upgraded the firmware, I did not reformat my sd card. It was of course formatted in fat32 before with v1.9, so I'm assuming it'll work fine this way...?

Format the card on PC as FAT32 before copying the original firmware from Viofo.

enjoy,
Mtz
This beta FW V1.9T7 does seem to behave differently to past versions regarding FW updates. I copied the FWA129.bin file for V1.50 to my card and booted the camera, but it did not read the file or modify the FW.

I will reformat the card first then switch back to V1.50.

that won't do it, it sticks to the standards and will only format the card exFAT

better to just format the card in the camera, it will format the card FAT32
Oops - sorry for the bad advice :oops:

Oops - sorry for the bad advice :oops:
it's the ideal program for resetting cards, you might have been thinking of FAT32formatter/GUIformat which is the normal go to program for formatting large cards to FAT32, good for cameras that can't format the cards natively, for a camera that can though best to just format the card in the camera

Just checked - my 64GB U3 card that was formatted in-camera is exFAT, so the A129 does not format large cards as FAT32, at least with this current FW version

In the past I have used FAT32 Formatter which has worked with large cards.

Just checked - my 64GB U3 card that was formatted in-camera is exFAT, so the A129 does not format large cards as FAT32, at least with this current FW version

In the past I have used FAT32 Formatter which has worked with large cards.
I think maybe it just doesn't format the card, I have formatted a card and then found the files still on it but was not sure if it was my fault or the cameras fault...
Maybe it only fails to format if the card is exFAT, or maybe it only fails with exFAT cards with a lot of files on them?

Back