A129 Plus Duo eMMC dropping rear view channel

EGS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo, A129 Plus (eMMC), T130, 70mai A800s
I have been experiencing this issue randomly for a while and it only happens sporadically, but this is the first time I had the time to record with my phone while it is happening.
The issue is that occasionally the camera will start double beeping while rear camera connection disappears. Some times it happens at startup and sometimes while driving and disconnecting the rear camera allows the front unit to record normally. If I connect the camera right away the issue will come back but if I live disconnected and I plug it later then it will work normally again for several days.
Currently on the latest official firmware (v1.4) but had same issues with previous version.

Cable connection seems solid at both ends and I don't believe the cable is to be blamed. I suspect there is a power issue and I need to replace my power adapter to see if that resolves the issue.
Wondering if anyone using same model is having similar issues.

May I know What's the card you are using? Could you please try another card to have a try?

May I know What's the card you are using? Could you please try another card to have a try?
Samsung EVO Select 128

I will try a new one to see if that fixes the problem before I try anything else.

Is there a particular card you recommend for this particular dashcam model?

Back