A139 installed. Looking for a memory good card

rustypixel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm debating between 128 and 256. I haven't installed the cabin camera and I might skip that all together so I'm curious to know if I can 'get by' with a 128 with the front and back set to the highest quality and using H.265 of if 128 is more than enough.

With all 3 channels H264, and maximum bitrate using low-bitrate for parking, a 128GB card covers my day's driving (avg 1 1/2 hours) and most of the day's and night's parking. Using motion detect while parked covered maybe 30 hours. Mine has worked flawlessly with Samsumg EVO Select from Amazon (3 sizes: 32GB, 64GB, and 129GB) but with my 64GB Sandisk Endurance I've recently been getting some random restarts and have had a few times with bootlooping which could only be solved by formatting the card. I''m still looking for a pattern to that, it may be heat related. So for now I recommend the Samsung card. And 256GB should be fine in this card as well, but I have none to try.

Phil

I have made a thread for cards working in the A139, but so far not that many updates to it.

I an in the process of testing a Adata card, it have warranty for use in dashcams, and so far seem to work fine, but i am just a few weeks into using it will have to wait a few weeks for definitive answer .

Next up id the high endurance card from same brand, which i am currently testing in another brand camera, but i might try something else as someone already had good luck with this model in the A139

Back