A139 Pro 2 channel video motion quality is bad

aldusj99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I recently purchased and installed Viofo A139 Pro 2 channel, and the video quality is bad when recording while driving.
It seems as if the refresh rate is like 5 - 10 fps, and the video is not smooth at all. Almost like stop motion.
I am hoping that it's just some setting that's causing this. I am using Viofo's 128G memory card that came with the dash cam.

I've verified that time lapse recording is turned off, and I think that's just for parking mode anyways.
I am recording at 4K 2160P / 1600P 30fps + 1080P 30fps
Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks!

I have the latest Firmware: VIOFO_A139P_V1.0_1115

/AldusJ

Hi, I recently purchased and installed Viofo A139 Pro 2 channel, and the video quality is bad when recording while driving.
It seems as if the refresh rate is like 5 - 10 fps, and the video is not smooth at all. Almost like stop motion.
I am hoping that it's just some setting that's causing this. I am using Viofo's 128G memory card that came with the dash cam.

I've verified that time lapse recording is turned off, and I think that's just for parking mode anyways.

/AldusJ
Are you recording at 4K 2160P or 4K 1600P mode?

Welcome to the forum aldusj99.

Where do you see this lagging ?

If on PC, do you have a slow card reader or a good card reader but on a slow / old USB port, are you trying to playback directly from the memory card - try to DL the footage from the memory card to the PC before you playback
You could also try another player, i personally use the potplayer

Alternative of you have a modern TV, you could put a video vlip on a thumb drive and then try to play that on the TV.

Also try to DL a video to your phone using the camera wifi and the viofo app and see if it will playback there

/AldusJ
Hello Aldus,
Welcome to the club.
Can you please upload a 1 minute clip of the issue you are seeing to YouTube?
Make sure you wait a few minutes for the video to fully render in 4K before you post the link.
Also be ready to post the raw video file, because I'm sure someone will want to inspect it.
If you don't want your video to be public, you can set it to unlisted.
Here is one of my A139 Pro test clips;
-Chuck

Attachments

• 4K YouTube .png
    4K YouTube .png
    759.6 KB · Views: 7
Thanks kamkar, it appears to be dependent on the video player that I use on the Mac. The default video player, Quicktime, lags but with VLC, the video plays back normally.

Also, do you happen to know if we can plug in another rear camera to the port where the interior camera is supposed to plug in?
Right now, I have a front and rear camera, but I also want to have cameras for the left and the right side of the car. I'll settle for another camera on either the left or right side of the vehicle to cover 3 out of 4 sides.

I have not been in the loopy to this new Viofo camera, so i can not tell for sure.
But judging on what the guys say you should be able to plug in a camera there, from say the old A139 system.

Someone of the guys should be able to confirm.

Thanks kamkar, it appears to be dependent on the video player that I use on the Mac. The default video player, Quicktime, lags but with VLC, the video plays back normally.

Also, do you happen to know if we can plug in another rear camera to the port where the interior camera is supposed to plug in?
Right now, I have a front and rear camera, but I also want to have cameras for the left and the right side of the car. I'll settle for another camera on either the left or right side of the vehicle to cover 3 out of 4 sides.
You could try recording in H265, Apple products tend to work better with it, unlike all other products! Long press the Mute button until it beeps to toggle H265 on and off. (I'm not 100% sure this will work with all firmware versions.)

Another rear camera should be fine, A139 standard and Pro rear cameras are the same. I haven't actually tested this on the Pro, but you can confirm it will work by plugging your current rear camera into the interior camera socket, nothing bad will happen, it should record.

You might like to use the second rear camera mounted next to the current one but facing forwards, that will give a reasonable view out of both sides of the car, but missing the rear part, you can try that by just rotating your current rear camera...

This is a playback issue with QuickTime and final cut pro, it is fixed in the latest firmware 1217 version.

Back