A139 Pro doesn't record on startup?

marcusb

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the A139 Pro connected with the hardwire kit. It boots up and immediately starts beeping. I have to manually start recording every time. Is there a way to have it start automatically?

What memory card do you use?

1. Update to last firmware from viofo.com, no matter what firmware you have.
2. Reset the dashcam to default settings, format the card.
3. Use only front camera and power it with the original cigarette lighter power adapter.
4. If dahacm is working OK connect the slave camera.
5. If still working OK connect the dashcam to HK4. The HK4 must be the one which is sold by Viofo when you bought the A139 Pro.

I’m having the same problem. I’ll try resetting tomorrow.

I don't know if you have the v1.0_1217 firmware installed, but if you do and have the "HDR" setting set to "Auto" which uses the "HDR Timer" feature to turn the HDR feature On/Off based on a time schedule, you might be running into a bug I reported here on DCT and to VIOFO a few weeks ago. The latest VIOFO app allows you to set the HDR setting to "Auto". It appears the firmware is not stable when set to "Auto". If the HDR setting is set to "Off" or "On" it works okay. Multiple A139 Pro dash cameras I have would boot up and not get to the "x number of channels" message and it would start beeping when the HDR setting was set to "Auto".

I recently tested a test firmware I was given to see if the problem I ran into was fixed and it was. The next production firmware release for the A139 Pro should have the HDR Timer feature working correctly.

I did have it set to auto. I set it to On. Hopefully they resolve this soon.

hm I just got back from doing some nighttime driving testing and only one of my A139 Pro's were recording. Bummer since it means I have to redo the whole drive again to get my comparison footage. I'm not sure what happened, but I verified that it was on via the LED's, but I guess I didn't look closely enough to see that the record LED was solid. One of the downsides of having the audio beeps disabled I guess.

hm I just got back from doing some nighttime driving testing and only one of my A139 Pro's were recording. Bummer since it means I have to redo the whole drive again to get my comparison footage. I'm not sure what happened, but I verified that it was on via the LED's, but I guess I didn't look closely enough to see that the record LED was solid. One of the downsides of having the audio beeps disabled I guess.
There have been some complaints about this elsewhere. Looks like it's working, even announces it is recording and how many channels. I'm hoping a FW update rectifies it and the HDR Auto issue.

On a side note, I just ordered the BlackboxMyCar battery.. can't wait for it to arrive to have proper parking mode.

I recently tested a test firmware I was given to see if the problem I ran into was fixed and it was. The next production firmware release for the A139 Pro should have the HDR Timer feature working correctly.
Can you share this test FW, because still no official updates available?

Can you share this test FW, because still no official updates available?
I will check with VIOFO and see if I can share this test version.

I'm so glad I found this forum. I ordered the A139PRO last week and when I saw this post, my heart sank. I hope my unit will be okay. This is my first dash cam purchase, so I'm still learning. I'm surprised there are so many bugs with dashcams. I thought it was just plug and play :)

Do you think it's worth waiting for the official VIAFO release of the latest firmware, or go with the beta version (v1.0_0206)?

I'm so glad I found this forum. I ordered the A139PRO last week and when I saw this post, my heart sank. I hope my unit will be okay. This is my first dash cam purchase, so I'm still learning. I'm surprised there are so many bugs with dashcams. I thought it was just plug and play :)

Do you think it's worth waiting for the official VIAFO release of the latest firmware, or go with the beta version (v1.0_0206)?
If your A139 Pro is failing to write to the microSD or freezing, then it might be worthwhile to try the beta/test firmware v1.0_0206. I was able to get around the problems with the current production firmware v1.0_1217 by setting the HDR setting to Off or On instead of Auto. There appear to be a few additional fixes in the soon to be released update for the A139 Pro firmware. The beta/test firmware v1.0_0206 seemed to resolve the case when the HDR setting was set to Auto.

If your A139 Pro is failing to write to the microSD or freezing, then it might be worthwhile to try the beta/test firmware v1.0_0206. I was able to get around the problems with the current production firmware v1.0_1217 by setting the HDR setting to Off or On instead of Auto. There appear to be a few additional fixes in the soon to be released update for the A139 Pro firmware. The beta/test firmware v1.0_0206 seemed to resolve the case when the HDR setting was set to Auto.
Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to set HDR to ON and go from there. Appreciate your help!

Once in a while I have this problem with my A129 Pro 2CH. Beeps and asks me if I want to delete something. WTH? Weird. Seems completely random. I unplug it, then plug it back in, then everything is fine. I hope I don't have this nonsense with the A139 Pro.

Once in a while I have this problem with my A129 Pro 2CH. Beeps and asks me if I want to delete something. WTH? Weird. Seems completely random. I unplug it, then plug it back in, then everything is fine. I hope I don't have this nonsense with the A139 Pro.

What is it asking you to do? Using generic statements "
Beeps and asks me if I want to delete something.
doesn't really help us to help you.
Take a photo the prompt next time it comes up and post on this forum.

It would also help if you can tell us what version of firmware is on your device and memory card used.
As an added bonus the version of phone app your are using and if its IOS or android.

Cheers

I'd suggest as a test, try a different memory card for a little bit and see if the problem goes away. Anything wonky with your memory card might cause transient storage errors that make the dashcam think the card is full. Do you have it set to overwrite old files automatically?

I'd suggest as a test, try a different memory card for a little bit and see if the problem goes away. Anything wonky with your memory card might cause transient storage errors that make the dashcam think the card is full. Do you have it set to overwrite old files automatically?
Good idea but the error is so rare that I don't know if it'll be worth it to troubleshoot with a different memory card. I'm going to try formatting the card though, as I just saw that VIOFO recommends occassionally formatting the card. I've never re-formatted the card. Yes, I have it set to overwrite old files automatically.

I have had no issues since changing HDR from Auto to On. I have not tested the newest firmware yet, but I believe others have said the issue is fixed.

Back