A139 Pro FIRMWARE

Thanks for the heads up broski

Just received the new A139pro today from the mail. The firmware is v1.0_1128. Website downloadable version is v1.0_1119. I am assuming the dashcam comes with a newer version?

Just received the new A139pro today from the mail. The firmware is v1.0_1128. Website downloadable version is v1.0_1119. I am assuming the dashcam comes with a newer version?
You're right, my dashcam delivered in late December was also loaded with 1128 whereas the website's firmware is 1119. Stupidly, I went ahead and uploaded 1119. Logically, no company or person every goes down in number for latest firmware lol. Hopefully someone from Viofo can chime in.

I just received mine and it had the 1217 firmware already loaded which still seems to be current according to their site. Nice to see stuff shipped with the latest firmware.

I just received mine and it had the 1217 firmware already loaded which still seems to be current according to their site. Nice to see stuff shipped with the latest firmware.
It does have a few minor bugs though, so keep an eye on here or the Viofo website for when they release an update :)

On 10-Feb-2023, I tested a beta/test A139 Pro firmware with a version of v1.0_0206 which contains a fix for the "HDR Timer" feature causing problems writing to the microSD card or freezing the dash camera.

A publicly available update for the A139 Pro should be available from VIOFO in the next week or two. If you cannot wait for that next public firmware update, VIOFO has given me permission to provide the Google Drive link to the beta/test v1.0_0206 firmware for the A139 Pro.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aVsEV68fgJomQtwPGObmbHk5Z019I1FW/view?usp=share_link

Thanks! I reported a bug to Viofo earlier this week and they said it will also be fixed in the upcoming firmware release. I'm running the stock V1.0.1217 firmware and when using 60fps (2K 1440 60fps) the video becomes pixelated when the lighting goes from bright to dark.

Thanks! I reported a bug to Viofo earlier this week and they said it will also be fixed in the upcoming firmware release. I'm running the stock V1.0.1217 firmware and when using 60fps (2K 1440 60fps) the video becomes pixelated when the lighting goes from bright to dark.

I was having that problem too, thread here.

A couple of weeks ago they said they couldn't replicate it. Then today they sent me a message that they found the issue and have a beta firmware (V1.1_0314) that fixed it.

I've installed it but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Would the temporary fix would be to leave HDR on "ON" instead of auto? Thanks for sharing this by the way. I just ordered the A139PRO a week ago. Glad I found this forum.

Would the temporary fix would be to leave HDR on "ON" instead of auto? Thanks for sharing this by the way. I just ordered the A139PRO a week ago. Glad I found this forum.
Yes, setting the HDR setting to Off or On instead of Auto worked around the microSD write failure and/or freezing with my two A139 Pro dash cameras running v1.0_1217 firmware.

For my pixelated 60fps video when dark bug, it was with HDR to On. For that bug the workaround is apparently not to use 60fps until the new firmware is released. I haven't tried the beta floating around to see if it fixes my bug.

For my pixelated 60fps video when dark bug, it was with HDR to On. For that bug the workaround is apparently not to use 60fps until the new firmware is released. I haven't tried the beta floating around to see if it fixes my bug.
Those are great tips. Thank you!

On 10-Feb-2023, I tested a beta/test A139 Pro firmware with a version of v1.0_0206 which contains a fix for the "HDR Timer" feature causing problems writing to the microSD card or freezing the dash camera.

A publicly available update for the A139 Pro should be available from VIOFO in the next week or two. If you cannot wait for that next public firmware update, VIOFO has given me permission to provide the Google Drive link to the beta/test v1.0_0206 firmware for the A139 Pro.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aVsEV68fgJomQtwPGObmbHk5Z019I1FW/view?usp=share_link
When switching from HDR to normal mode, does the recording stop as well?

When switching from HDR to normal mode, does the recording stop as well?
Yes, it does stop the currently active video file and then switches the HDR mode and restarts recording. Here's my test log from my v1.0_0206 test of the "Auto" setting.

• Configuration
    • A139 Pro 3-Channel
    • Firmware 1.0_0206
    • Resolution = 4K 2160 24fps + 1080p 24fps + 1080p 24fps
    • Parking Mode = Low bitrate
    • HDR = Auto
    • HDR Timer
      • On = 18:00
      • Off = 08:00
  • Test
    • 13:13:21
      • I powered up the A139 Pro and it start normal recording mode
    • 13:19:24
      • Turned off ACC power to have the A139 Pro 3-channel enter low bitrate parking mode
    • 18:00:01
      • Parking mode recording stopped as it transitioned to HDR On mode.
    • 18:00:06
      • Parking mode Low Bitrate recording resumed (filename for this file is 2023_0210_180010_PF)
        • Filename timestamp is four seconds after the first timestamp in the video
      • No audio announcement was made during the transition
    • Test ran overnight with A139 Pro 3-channel in low bitrate parking mode
    • 07:28:24
      • I restored ACC power to have the A139 Pro resuming normal recording mode
    • 07:28:29
      • Normal mode recording resumed (filename 2023_0211_073830_F)
      • Five second video gap during the transition from low bitrate parking mode to normal recording mode
    • 08:00:00
      • HDR transition from On to Off
    • 08:00:05
      • Normal mode recording restarted with HDR Off
      • Announcement was heard as it restarted normal mode recording
      • Five second video gap during the transition from HDR On to HDR Off

Last edited:

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
Hi all, I just received my A139 PRO (March 20 / 2023) and can confirm that it ships with this firmware out of the box: VIOFO_A139P_V1.0_206.

I ordered my VIOFO around 2 weeks ago. Looks like VIOFO is already loading 1.0_206 from the factory.

I noticed that the dashcam gets really warm to the touch. Is that normal? I currently have it hooked up to a 5V usb charger (iphone wall charger) for testing purposes. Would that affect the dashcam negatively?

Hi all, I just received my A139 PRO (March 20 / 2023) and can confirm that it ships with this firmware out of the box: VIOFO_A139P_V1.0_206.

I ordered my VIOFO around 2 weeks ago. Looks like VIOFO is already loading 1.0_206 from the factory.
That's interesting since the firmware on their support website is still only V1.0_1217. Last week Viofo sent me a test firmware to fix my pixelated video bug, V1.1_0314, so I guess that a new public firmware release is coming soon.

I’m finding the firmware versions a bit confusing.

Is the firmware version based on date released?

Is v1.0_0206 newer than v1.0_1217 ?

Back