A229 Pro/Plus memory card question

DonnyD

Reaction score
Country
United States
I asked Viofo technical if they have an approved list of memory cards for the A229 Pro/Plus. They responded with three: the Viofo card, Sandisk Max Endurance, and Sandisk Extreme. Any of them can be used up to 512GB.
Does anybody have any experience with the Sandisk cards, good or bad?

I asked Viofo technical if they have an approved list of memory cards for the A229 Pro/Plus. They responded with three: the Viofo card, Sandisk Max Endurance, and Sandisk Extreme. Any of them can be used up to 512GB.
Does anybody have any experience with the Sandisk cards, good or bad?
These are the same cards they recommend for all of their Dash Cams.

I am using 256GB "SanDisk Extreme PRO" - in Viofo Mini2 and 256GB "SanDisk High Endurance" - in original Viofo Mini

Not exactly what Viofo recommended, but they work just fine no issues whatsoever

I used the Sandisk Max Endurance 256gb in my A129 Pro without any issues. In the A229 Pro I have used the included VIOFO 256gb without issue and the Kingston Canvas Go! Plus in 512gb without
any issues.

Kingston Canvas Go! Plus

There are various threads and posts regarding what SD card people use.

I have never had any modern Sandisk microSD card, or SSD, or flash drives, last more than a year with light use. Forget the heavy use in a Dash cam or DVR, or wifi camera (WYZE cam).

I have very old Sandisk product's, way before they were bought out by WD. Anything made before mid 2015. Most worked well for years, but was older much slower speed flash and drives.

I have had ZERO issues with any Samsung microSD cards. Old or newer. Have used even the models "not recommended" by Viofo in my dash cams since 2016. Still work fine today. The slower Samsung Evo cards. Those were 2K cams, A119 V1 and a Mini 0826.
Today, I use 2x A119 Mini 2 and front cam and Viofo 256GB card (it came with bundle with cam) and the rear cam, Samsung High Endurance 256GB.

Note that, Samsung cards have 5/10yr warranty, depending on model. It seems VIOFO cards are only 1yr warranty.

EDIT: VIOFO has yet to respond to my multiple posts asking them to expand upon their so called testing methods, and why they recommended those specific cards.
I also believe, that for the cost, and self proclaimed "Industrial grade" flash memory they use in their own branded cards, that they should have minimum 10yr warranty, or 15yr ideally.
Every user experience and environment is unique, and just cause a few users had issues, does not mean one specific memory card make/model is always at fault.

Last edited:
Back