A229 Pro Review Thread

safedrivesolutions

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro+A139 pro, Vueroid D21 4K, Thinkware U3000,
I have had the A229 Pro for 3 weeks I believe now. Numerous tests have been done. This video has been on hold for a few weeks now.
I am impressed by the rear camera, and interior camera also works great.

I show how you can pick up license plates from all 3 cameras. Lots of people were asking me what the difference was between the A139 Pro and A229 Pro. I wanted to show you 3 channel mode as I believe that is where the major differences are.

In coming weeks we will have a lot more video releasing. Waiting on firmware to be dialed in at night. Because in my opinion the A139 Pro is better at night currently.

I show how you can pick up license plates from all 3 cameras.
I don't know where you have mounted your interior cameras, and they are not bad, but this seems a good place to make a comment for everyone:

If you want to read plates with the interior camera, which is now far more often possible with HDR now available on the interior camera, then it is best to mount it as far forwards in the car as is practical, then it has much more view through the front side windows than if you mount it further back. I have seen a few people have it mounted quite far back, resulting in hardly any view through the front side windows. Of course possible mounting positions do depend on the car,

I don't know where you have mounted your interior cameras, and they are not bad, but this seems a good place to make a comment for everyone:

If you want to read plates with the interior camera, which is now far more often possible with HDR now available on the interior camera, then it is best to mount it as far forwards in the car as is practical, then it has much more view through the front side windows than if you mount it further back. I have seen a few people have it mounted quite far back, resulting in hardly any view through the front side windows. Of course possible mounting positions do depend on the car,
They are both mounted on top of rear view mirror. A lot of UBER drivers like it mounted in that place. I was surprised that it did pick up license plates from those cameras.

I have had the A229 Pro for 3 weeks I believe now. Numerous tests have been done. This video has been on hold for a few weeks now.
I am impressed by the rear camera, and interior camera also works great.

I show how you can pick up license plates from all 3 cameras. Lots of people were asking me what the difference was between the A139 Pro and A229 Pro. I wanted to show you 3 channel mode as I believe that is where the major differences are.

In coming weeks we will have a lot more video releasing. Waiting on firmware to be dialed in at night. Because in my opinion the A139 Pro is better at night currently.

Good stuff. Sorry but have noticed in a few videos lately that the background music almost drowns out your narration voice, so may wanna lower the levels a bit to make it easier to listen to

Good stuff. Sorry but have noticed in a few videos lately that the background music almost drowns out your narration voice, so may wanna lower the levels a bit to make it easier to listen to

Exactly why I quite viewing the video at 26 seconds into it. Maybe I am a stick in the mud but educational videos should be about the knowledge, not the music. Once my old ears have
to struggle to hear the voice over the music, then I am finished.

Exactly why I quite viewing the video at 26 seconds into it. Maybe I am a stick in the mud but educational videos should be about the knowledge, not the music. Once my old ears have
I don't mind whether there heavy metal, a rave or a hyena screeching in videos. The levels are off and I just wanna hear what he has to say about these dash cams

+1, EMPAHTICALLY!

Thanks for feedback

The funny thing is I only added in the voice over intro. I actually do not talk at all in the video except the beginning. Full review will be a lot different. That video was uploaded a few weeks ago in YouTube and have been sitting on it. Waiting for night vision to be corrected.

The funny thing is I only added in the voice over intro. I actually do not talk at all in the video except the beginning. Full review will be a lot different. That video was uploaded a few weeks ago in YouTube and have been sitting on it. Waiting for night vision to be corrected.
Yeah whether it's equalised or normalised the ratios can't be the same for the two tracks. Just need to drop it a few dB and it'll be good to go :)

I prefer the A229 Pro. My mic does an excellent job of picking up conversation in the car and outside of the car close to the window.

Thanks Ben for your time and testing, I enjoy your Youtube videos! Have you seen any overheating issues with the A229 Pro in parking mode so far (of course it's cold as heck right now in Canada)? A few others on the forum have mentioned they have.

Thanks Ben for your time and testing, I enjoy your Youtube videos! Have you seen any overheating issues with the A229 Pro in parking mode so far (of course it's cold as heck right now in Canada)? A few others on the forum have mentioned they have.
Zero on my end.

I even had my a229 pro in parking mode sitting on my bench for 5 days straight. At day 5 of being on straight with 512gb viofo sd card it said something about sd card. I unplugged power and pkugged it back in and worked another 3 days before i unplugged it. Most people are not running it day and night

Back