A229 Pro Review Thread

Nice video as always mate, itching to guess what the new mystery 4K cam is....
The Android app is now working successfully. They had a weird thing where on Samsung devices you could not download to gallery or photos which has now been fixed. Getting closer everyday to a reveal

Zero on my end.

I even had my a229 pro in parking mode sitting on my bench for 5 days straight. At day 5 of being on straight with 512gb viofo sd card it said something about sd card. I unplugged power and pkugged it back in and worked another 3 days before i unplugged it. Most people are not running it day and night
Can I please ask how reliable the 512GB vs 256GB? I am looking to get a Viofo 229pro prefer a 512GB card so can get longer record time in low bitrate park mode with aux battery. However,I have heard 512GBs are unreliable?

I use 512GB cards exclusively in all my cameras that support them (but no Viofos). Never had a problem with them.

Looking at it logically, with all else being equal, a 512 card should last twice as long as a 256 since it will take twice as long for it to wear out from being overwritten.

Can I please ask how reliable the 512GB vs 256GB? I am looking to get a Viofo 229pro prefer a 512GB card so can get longer record time in low bitrate park mode with aux battery. However,I have heard 512GBs are unreliable?
With the few we have sold we are not hearing any issues other than the camera takes a lot longer to load when viewing via smartphone app. We exclusively use VIOFO sd cards though.

Can the A229 Pro provide real-time live viewing?

If you turn on wifi on the camera and connect to its hotspot then yes... but if you just want to connect to it when you're sitting at home/work to check then no.
That's what I was wondering about, if a person could check from anywhere. Thanks for the info.

Back