A229 Pro, when?

Thanks but that's a mini not a A129 however it gives me an idea of size.
Q: Why are women so bad at estimating distance?
A: Their whole life they've been told this was 6 inches.

Attachments

• 6 inches .png
    6 inches .png
    193.8 KB · Views: 4
They would probably still be on 2K resolution due to heat issues in hot places like Oz! Hopefully we will see 4K heat issues being resolved with the A229 Pro, but it might need some improvements from the memory cards too, they still seem to be getting hot and slowing down too much.
Lol I've run my Viofo's in 45C heat in a black car and they never failed me not even once. Not like the UK where the second it hits 30C in a "heatwave", people drop dead ;)

Is (are) the rear cable(s) the same as the with the A229 Duo?I ask as in one of the pictures on the website, it makes it look as though it's possibly different.

Attachments

• a229_pro_1920_31.jpg
    a229_pro_1920_31.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 12
Is (are) the rear cable(s) the same as the with the A229 Duo?I ask as in one of the pictures on the website, it makes it look as though it's possibly different.
The specs says it uses a type c to type c cable, so not coax.

That makes life a lot easier than coax, not sure why they did for the A139 Pro

That makes life a lot easier than coax, not sure why they did for the A139 Pro
I just hope they used the standard pin out for type C and not some custom one that you have to buy their cable to work.

I just hope they used the standard pin out for type C and not some custom one that you have to buy their cable to work.
Fingers crossed

Thanks!
It would help if I actually read the specs page, or looked at the packing list. Vis:

Attachments

• A229_pro_specs_1920_39.jpg
    A229_pro_specs_1920_39.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 23
  • A229_pro_packing_list_1920_29.jpg
    A229_pro_packing_list_1920_29.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Would I be correct in saying the HK4 hardwiring kit would be wired up the same as the HK3, the only real difference being HK4 has a USB-C connector that plugs into the camera?

@viofo
@VIOFO-Support

I would order two of these today if I knew that the Front Exterior camera will work with only the IR Interior camera attached, and what the max resolutions for both are. I have no need for the Rear Exterior camera.

Thanks

Would I be correct in saying the HK4 hardwiring kit would be wired up the same as the HK3, the only real difference being HK4 has a USB-C connector that plugs into the camera?
Yes. The connection for HK3 and HK4 is identical. The only difference in the kits is the plug that connects to the camera.

@viofo
@VIOFO-Support

I would order two of these today if I knew that the Front Exterior camera will work with only the IR Interior camera attached, and what the max resolutions for both are. I have no need for the Rear Exterior camera.

Thanks
Welcome.
Cross out the rear camera and you will have permissions for the main and interior cameras.

A229-PRO-3CH_40_1.jpg

@viofo
@VIOFO-Support

Thanks
FWIW, with other models like the A139 Pro, you can use any combination of cams you want and it works fine. For example they sell a front/interior setup at 4K/1080p and I’d expect the exact same thing to work with the new A229’s.

FWIW, with other models like the A139 Pro, you can use any combination of cams you want and it works fine. For example they sell a front/interior setup at 4K/1080p and I’d expect the exact same thing to work with the new A229’s.
Not quite the same since you will not be able to run a rear cam on the interior input, or the other way around, but you can certainly disconnect one of them.
Rear must be 2K, interior must be FHD, and you will not be able to use cameras from previous models.
Don't think that is a problem though.

A229 pro and plus rear cameras must have their own processor.
It is possible that rear cameras such as t130 have separate software.
Therefore, double-sided type-c may not be a standard type-c for the update.

In addition, one end of the cable of the IR supported interior camera is type-C, the other end is a 3.5 mm jack input.
That is, the microphone input is the input location of the third camera.

As far as I understand, the power to the camera can only be connected from the top, the GPS part.
This will be more suitable for hk3 type-c. Of course, since hk4 is also L type, it is suitable for use with cables running sideways.

It looks like the inner camera has 4 IR lights and a light sensor. This means that it will work more stable in automatic IR mode. This means that the problem of misleading the camera as a result of IR lights hitting the ceiling or the back of the mirror and coming back to the camera will be eliminated.

Last edited:
A229 pro and plus rear cameras must have their own processor.
It is possible that rear cameras such as t130 have separate software.
Therefore, double-sided type-c may not be a standard type-c for the update.

In addition, one end of the cable of the IR supported interior camera is type-C, the other end is a 3.5 mm jack input.
That is, the microphone input is the input location of the third camera.

As far as I understand, the power to the camera can only be connected from the top, the GPS part.
This will be more suitable for hk3 type-c. Of course, since hk4 is also L type, it is suitable for use with cables running sideways.

It looks like the inner camera has 4 IR lights and a light sensor. This means that it will work more stable in automatic IR mode. This means that the problem of misleading the camera as a result of IR lights hitting the ceiling or the back of the mirror and coming back to the camera will be eliminated.
Oh gosh more proprietary-ness with the interior camera there. I don't like proprietary-ness with any manufacturer in electronics so not sure what the reasons for doing this are...

@Karagandinez @Vortex Radar

Thanks, appreciate the info. So far, there is no Support info available such as manual or firmware, probably too soon but, it would be nice to be able
to download a manual now. :)

I plan on putting one each of the Front camera on the Front and the Rear, with the Interior IR at the front right and at the rear right of the vehicle.

cont. from above...can't edit for some reason. The cameras will be powered separately and I think this configuration will reduce chances for overheating.

@Karagandinez @Vortex Radar

Thanks, appreciate the info. So far, there is no Support info available such as manual or firmware, probably too soon but, it would be nice to be able
to download a manual now. :)

I plan on putting one each of the Front camera on the Front and the Rear, with the Interior IR at the front right and at the rear right of the vehicle.
If you want to film what is happening around the car, then you need to take rear cameras. Well, if it’s a salon, then everything is correct.

Back