A229 Pro, when?

We don't sell the front camera + Interior cam bundle, but if you need such a bundle, and do not need the rear cam. Need to inform our support to replace the rear cam with an interior cam.

The A139 Pro, that has no internal screen, makes reference in it's manual to live previews via the phone app.
So, I was wondering if that live view functionality would flow through to being available on the 229 Pro's screen.
Yeah it can be confusing because sometimes people come on here and ask about Live View but what they really mean is that can they see a feed of the camera, when they're away from the vehicle. Not the normal inbuilt feed over wifi when you are connected to the camera on your phone.

Manufacturers need to come up with a better term delineating the two haha

We don't sell the front camera + Interior cam bundle, but if you need such a bundle, and do not need the rear cam. Need to inform our support to replace the rear cam with an interior cam.

I ordered about 10 minutes ago and did exactly that. Two, two channel cameras on the way, the main camera with an IR camera. I really appreciate the flexibility that VIOFO offers its customers, you guys are top notch!

Is (are) the rear cable(s) the same as the with the A229 Duo?I ask as in one of the pictures on the website, it makes it look as though it's possibly different.
The rear cable for A229Plus/A229Pro is type-C to type-C and the interior cable is 3.5mm plug to type-C.

The A139 Pro, that has no internal screen, makes reference in it's manual to live previews via the phone app.
So, I was wondering if that live view functionality would flow through to being available on the 229 Pro's screen.
The A229 Pro is not available yet, so nobody can be sure what will be available on its screen!
However all the other Viofo dashcams with screens, including the A229, do allow you to view the internal live view on the screen and switch between the different camera views.

The rear cable for A229Plus/A229Pro is type-C to type-C and the interior cable is 3.5mm plug to type-C.
Thank you very much. Are you able to confirm wether only the official usb-c cable can be used for the rear camera, or could any usb-c cable be used, an example being if you needed a shorter or longer usb-c cable.

Thank you very much. Are you able to confirm wether only the official usb-c cable can be used for the rear camera, or could any usb-c cable be used, an example being if you needed a shorter or longer usb-c cable.
Only the official rear cable can be used as it is customized for our cameras. Although there are similar cables in the market, they may bring unexpected malfunctions because they have not been tested as many times as our cables.

Only the official rear cable can be used as it is customized for our cameras. Although there are similar cables in the market, they may bring unexpected malfunctions because they have not been tested as many times as our cables.
To be clear, the USB C pin out will follow the USB standard or will be a custom pin out created by VIOFO? It is understood that the official cable will be designed for the harsher environment found inside a car that others may not be.

The video data transfer protocol is not the same as the standard version.

The video data transfer protocol is not the same as the standard version.

Protocol is one thing, pin outs are another. Is VIOFO using the standard pin out for the cables? Power on A6 and A7?

Attachments

• USB-C-Pinout.jpg
    USB-C-Pinout.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
Thank you for the reply. Would it be correct to say that VIOFO would be selling rear cables of different lengths in the future for the A229 Pro?

Would it be correct to say that VIOFO would be selling rear cables of different lengths in the future for the A229 Pro?
Yes, please @viofo make a 1M cable for the A229 Pro REAR camera.
The 6M REAR camera cable is just too much to tuck in the headliner for those users that want to mount the front unit, and the REAR camera on the same window.
Please, please, please.

Will the pre-order for the 2 channel A229 Pro show up on Amazon? Just got an Amazon gift card I am trying to use on this. Thanks

Will the pre-order for the 2 channel A229 Pro show up on Amazon?
Excellent question.
Based on the last 18 months of releases from the;
A119 Mini 2
WM1
A139 Pro
A229 Duo
A119 Mini
Amazon US usually gets stock of Viofo dash cams 1 month after they are released on the Official Viofo website.
Keep in mind of the differences between the return policies of Amazon vs. Official Viofo website.
I urge you to be an "informed" consumer.

Excellent question.
Based on the last 18 months of releases from the;
A119 Mini 2
WM1
A139 Pro
A229 Duo
A119 Mini
Amazon US usually gets stock of Viofo dash cams 1 month after they are released on the Official Viofo website.
Keep in mind of the differences between the return policies of Amazon vs. Official Viofo website.
I urge you to be an "informed" consumer.
Never bought from VIOFO before. I would do the pre-order directly through their website but I just got a $270 Amazon gift card today so was wondering... At least with Amazon sometimes you can get SquareTrade (AllState) warranties.

Never bought from VIOFO before
After reading this return policy you should have one question;
“How much do I have to pay to ship the camera back from USA to Hong Kong?”
It will be wiser to wait until you can purchase from Amazon.
By that time there will be hands on reviews.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 12.46.51 AM.png

Do we know roughly how long new cameras usually take to show up on the UK version of the site? viofouk.co.uk

Do we know roughly how long new cameras usually take to show up on the UK version of the site? viofouk.co.uk
That website is owned by a distributer of several brands, it is not a Viofo owned website. As such, it will probably receive cameras around the same time as Amazon UK receives them. Viofo will probably sell the first small production batch from their own website with pre-orders, and if everything goes well the second production batch will be sent to the distributers not long after. There may be a shortage for a while though, the pre-orders from Viofo will guarantee you a place near the front of the queue, without any guarantee of when they will be ready to send out, which may be some time yet...

Back