A510 & 4g hardwire kit problems

Is there a way to turn the UP04 4G module off while parked in a garage and not using parking mode feature at all?
 
Last edited:
Is there a way to turn the UP04 4G module off while parked in a garage and not using parking mode feature at all?

It consumes only 0.01A , so you could leave it on.
If leaving in garage for months, better to charge the battery anyways every couple of months.

I did not test if it goes off when removing dashcam cable, but might be.
But you could take out the fuse if it is a concern.
 
Hm or I may just order a non 4g one as it doesn't bring anything to the table for me. Not even a working hot spot or I may just ditch it for one of the other better dash cams which have different triggered parking modes and don't require a hardwire for it. Viofo and vantrue work fine with a cigarette plug and a bigger power station battery.
 
4G kit offers remote view (both when the car is parked or running) and notification for incidents happened when parking mode was on.
 
Yes, I know. I did test it, and I don't like it, but I understand why it works the way it does.
 
Both of my cams 4g offline today. Restarting did not help.

Edit: started working itself
 
Last edited:
Bogey. You are not alone with this problem. My set (a510 +UP 04 + rear camera + powerbank energywell p6 ulutra to protect car baterry) operates a lottery. It cannot accidentally wake up the Dash cam. It works the same like yours. I use the USB c cable from the kit. According to the 70mai, the angled tip must be plugged into the module. I tried to rotate the USB terminals in the camera and the module. It didn't help. It often helps to turn the camera off by pressing the button and turn on again. Sometimes even that doesn't help. The problem is solved only by restoring dashcam to factory settings (There are days when even that doesn't help). Often, after starting the car and charging the power bank (after it has discharged), the camera does not see UP04. Sometimes helps to turn the camera off by pressing the button and turn on again, (but not always). I don't understand why the camera doesn't connect to the module immediately after regaining power. The strangest thing is that the parking mode works (dash cam informs you when it is turned on, tehn only battery protection is not visible in the settings).

The Polish support of 70mai does not respond to e-mails, on their YouTube channel they recommended e-mail contact (and still no response - a month!!!)
Official support recommended that I downgrade the UP04 firmware - but the instructions do not work.

My Firmware
A510 Dash Cam 1.6.74ww (There is no newer software by application)
4G Module (up 04) 1.3.64.ww (There is no newer software by application)

It doesn't seem like an isolated problem since you have it too. It seems to me that the problem itself lies in the A510 (software or hardware) or the USB cable.

70mai ignored the users and I think they are aware of the problem. Some users who report a problem send it to a repair service under warranty. And this will probably end with a refund of money and not a solution to the problem.
Currently, I am left with a set that is not suitable for parking protection, no support 70mai.
Does anyone else have this problem with the A510? Maybe let's gather a group of people who have this problem. It would be nice if someone with a reach (like an influencer) published a video of how it works in practice, maybe if the sales bars went down they would address the problem. ๐Ÿ˜‰









.
 
Bogey. You are not alone with this problem. My set (a510 +UP 04 + rear camera + powerbank energywell p6 ulutra to protect car baterry) operates a lottery. It cannot accidentally wake up the Dash cam. It works the same like yours. I use the USB c cable from the kit. According to the 70mai, the angled tip must be plugged into the module. I tried to rotate the USB terminals in the camera and the module. It didn't help. It often helps to turn the camera off by pressing the button and turn on again. Sometimes even that doesn't help. The problem is solved only by restoring dashcam to factory settings (There are days when even that doesn't help). Often, after starting the car and charging the power bank (after it has discharged), the camera does not see UP04. Sometimes helps to turn the camera off by pressing the button and turn on again, (but not always). I don't understand why the camera doesn't connect to the module immediately after regaining power. The strangest thing is that the parking mode works (dash cam informs you when it is turned on, tehn only battery protection is not visible in the settings).

The Polish support of 70mai does not respond to e-mails, on their YouTube channel they recommended e-mail contact (and still no response - a month!!!)
Official support recommended that I downgrade the UP04 firmware - but the instructions do not work.

My Firmware
A510 Dash Cam 1.6.74ww (There is no newer software by application)
4G Module (up 04) 1.3.64.ww (There is no newer software by application)

It doesn't seem like an isolated problem since you have it too. It seems to me that the problem itself lies in the A510 (software or hardware) or the USB cable.

70mai ignored the users and I think they are aware of the problem. Some users who report a problem send it to a repair service under warranty. And this will probably end with a refund of money and not a solution to the problem.
Currently, I am left with a set that is not suitable for parking protection, no support 70mai.
Does anyone else have this problem with the A510? Maybe let's gather a group of people who have this problem. It would be nice if someone with a reach (like an influencer) published a video of how it works in practice, maybe if the sales bars went down they would address the problem. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I haven't had the issue since (or haven't noticed). I have the angled connector in 4g module. I have the same FW versions.

However I have had couple of times that the location and speed is not updating, neither in app or recordings. Formatting SD card helped in that. Maybe the GPS file on SD card got too large or filesystem too fragmented.
 
Back
Top