About the Mio MiVue's

dashcam_noob

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
None
What is everyone's general opinion of the dashcam company Mio/Navman? The company which produces MiVue's.
How are their dashcams and their customer support? Are they any good? And would you recommend purchasing from them?

Welcome to the forum.
The brand are actually one of the old ones, but even so dont see much uptake or traffic generated here on the forum.
I have never had one of them myself, and i have no clue on what their customer care / service are like

The brands that see little traffic here on the forum are in the " other brands " subforum. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/mio-mivue.32/

Is there any partikular model / feature you are looking for ?

Several years ago I had a couple of Mio Mivue 528/538 when they first came out and they turned out to be reliable cameras with decent lifespan and reasonable video quality. The PC playback software also worked well.
Reliability and longevity of the Mios was vastly better than the widely-sold Nextbase cameras available at the time.
One of my cars at the time had a shallow windscreen angle and the Mio mount didn't have enough adjustment so the camera pointed upwards by about 10 degrees, so was used in a different car.
I never needed customer support.

I think if I was gifted a Mio for Christmas I would happily use it, but if spending my own money I would probably look elsewhere.

Thank you for the replies guys! There isn't anything in particular I am looking for, I just wanted to see if their dashcams were worth buying overall.

Back