Action cam guides for newbies?

Thanks very much Nigel. I truly enjoyed watching the video. I'm fascinated by these glimpses into the way things are done in industries I know nothing about in countries I've never visited. Thanks again and cheers!:)

Thanks very much Nigel. I truly enjoyed watching the video. I'm fascinated by these glimpses into the way things are done in industries I know nothing about in countries I've never visited. Thanks again and cheers!:)

may as well watch this guys videos without sound, he constantly jumps in with assumptions about what's going on and gets it wrong a lot

Do they really allow upload such video on Youtube?
2 years ago, one customers upload video for SJCAM manufacture, after we report to SJCam, they require to delete it.
Shuoying mainly focus on Sunplus platform, big competitor for EKEN.

2 years ago, one customers upload video for SJCAM manufacture, after we report to SJCam, they require to delete it.

YouTube allow most stuff but if someone complains they'll pull the video down

YouTube allow most stuff but if someone complains they'll pull the video down
I mean for the manufacture allow this or not, because the manufacture even don't know someone will share such video in public.

I mean for the manufacture allow this or not, because the manufacture even don't know someone will share such video in public.

I'm not sure what stories that guy tells when he visits factories, maybe they think he's a buyer, his presentations are not good as there are many mistakes that people then think are correct

If you look at the information below the video on YouTube you'll find a paragraph extolling their virtues and providing full contact information. I get the impression it's intended to be a promotional video for Shuoying that they posted themselves. :)

If you look at the information below the video on YouTube you'll find a paragraph extolling their virtues and providing full contact information. I get the impression it's intended to be a promotional video for Shuoying that they posted themselves. :)

it's on the armdevices (the guy that filmed it) channel

In fact if you look at the YouTube channel where the video was originally posted there are actually quite a few such tour videos. Like the Shuoying video it appears they were done out in the open, not clandestinely. Whether or not the various videographers misrepresented their intention to not post them on YouTube but then did so anyway I don't know. Presumably managers in such companies are clever enough to understand that any video in their facilities has the potential to be posted on YouTube. Of course that's all speculation on my part!

In fact if you look at the YouTube channel where the video was originally posted there are actually quite a few such tour videos. Like the Shuoying video it appears they were done out in the open, not clandestinely. Whether or not the various videographers misrepresented their intention to not post them on YouTube but then did so anyway I don't know. Presumably managers in such companies are clever enough to understand that any video in their facilities has the potential to be posted on YouTube. Of course that's all speculation on my part!

not his first, won't be his last, not sure what he tells them or what they understand the purpose of the video to be either, not sure they entirely understand what he's about, keep in mind YouTube is blocked in China so most would never see it or any of his prior efforts for that matter

I'm not sure what stories that guy tells when he visits factories, maybe they think he's a buyer, his presentations are not good as there are many mistakes that people then think are correct
It may not be up to your standards of presentation etc, but maybe it matches theirs?

It is publicity and nearly all publicity is good publicity, it gets the name known and the fact that the interviewer didn't know his stuff and wasn't very professional does change that.

It was more interesting to watch than the German equivalent which has zero people involved:

It's not so much the standard of presentation, more than often he asks questions and answers them incorrectly himself and they smile and nod due to misunderstanding and no correction takes place, his videos are full of these types of errors in the products I'm familiar with, I haven't watched the others to know if that's typical of his style or not but would be surprised if they were any different

It's not so much the standard of presentation, more than often he asks questions and answers them incorrectly himself and they smile and nod due to misunderstanding and no correction takes place, his videos are full of these types of errors in the products I'm familiar with, I haven't watched the others to know if that's typical of his style or not but would be surprised if they were any different

I understand English and Mandarin. Makes it harder to understand when answers don't relate to questions.

In another thread here on DCT member Dashmellow posted a link to the iFixit website that has guides for fixing all kinds of electronic stuff. Among these are repair guides for Xiaomi Yi and several GoPro cameras. There are very nice photos of the guts of these cameras - a nice look at what's found inside the camera body. It's interesting stuff for newbies. My thanks to Dashmellow for his posting.

That guy Charbax with the video from China factory is good to follow. Many times he is showing us videos from fairs and new products .

enjoy,
Mtz

That procam video at 2:48 where the lens is lifted out of some aluminum arm, that arm look very poor manufactured

What are the relative cost elements in an action camera? From most expensive to least expensive, I presume the sensor or assembly labor or profit margin are among the leading cost elements and perhaps the processor is one as well. I'm just curious as to the real reasons why prices can vary so much.

What are the relative cost elements in an action camera? From most expensive to least expensive, I presume the sensor or assembly labor or profit margin are among the leading cost elements

labor and profit are among the lowest part of the equation, it's all parts

What are the relative cost elements in an action camera? From most expensive to least expensive, I presume the sensor or assembly labor or profit margin are among the leading cost elements and perhaps the processor is one as well. I'm just curious as to the real reasons why prices can vary so much.
I thought most of Chinese action camera manufacture profit for each is not good, too many cameras in the market now.

There is always a reason to make the camera price lower, as I heard even Eken can not beat another sunplus action camera manufacture. I saw someone shared there are some copy Eken cameras in the market.
For this manufacture QC, they only check if the camera can power on, because they got too many orders.

For action camera, a good lens price will be between $5 to $12, but some one can sell the cameras with waterproof case and accessories for $8.

If the company is shut down due to too many complains, they can use another name to start business next year.

Back