Adding a 2nd dashcam on Blackvue Cloud account

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all !

Is it necessary to subscribe a monthly license to add a second dashcam on a Blackvue Cloud account ?

What if I would buy another DR750S for my second car ???
I don't want to pay for this.

If I should, I will go for a Thinkware, with Cloud as well.

I would agree.
This is a stupid move of Blackvue to change the licensing scheme in the last month so that the free account will work for only one camera. Why would I buy a second Blackvue camera then? I don't want to pay a gross $10 monthly licensing fee for this. I pay almost as much for my music services, and I only just barely see the value proposition there. Forget about buying a second Blackvue camera for the second car.

May as well try out other brands like Thinkware which do better parking mode recording anyway.

I just installed 3 blackvue 750-2ch in 3 of my vehicles.
I just realized i need to pay to add extra slots for the other 2 vehicles. wtf….
already paid a lot of money for the cameras now need to pay monthly to add slots.
And its expensive $20 a month…. should've been like $5 at least.

Yeah, right?

Buy blackvue - your first camera is cloud connected... the rest are held hostage to a subscription model...
What a cash grab.

I was all happy to get it connected to my phone and once I noticed I had to pay extra to add slots + MONTHLY payment I was like faa……… lol.
Disappointed.

you can't setup separate accounts for each?

Dunno, maybe that is possible as a workaround... which makes it even MORE stupid of the manufacturer to decide to go with this policy and prevent honest customers of their product from at least registering multiple of their devices to one account. Why would you do this to your customers?

@jokiin Very good suggestion! I will try to make a new account and see if it works, I think it will work, just need to log in and out of accounts often. + need to make new email accounts to register under.
I didn't think of this option.

Yes it is possible to have an account for each dashcam.
But the app can only connect to one account, so you won't be able to receive notifications from 3 dashcams, but only one at a time...
Other options is to have 3 smartphones....

But the app can only connect to one account, so you won't be able to receive notifications from 3 dashcams, but only one at a time...
3 smartphones will cost me more a month then paying $20 a month for blackvues plan.

I wonder if a lot of people sign up for this plan… but then again this is required only if someone has more then 1 camera.

not the best system then I guess if you want to have more than one camera, $20 a month is a bit rich for what it does

"3 smartphones" was ironic ;)

In fact $20 is really expensive only to have live notifications, the most useful of this Cloud system.
Other features like download from/to Cloud is too slow to be interesting.

What about to get up a petition against this new Blackvue subscibtion plan ?
But in fact, I don't think much people are interested by the Cloud when you watch the online map...
In France only a few users, but I know there are much more BV dashcams running.

I wrote to Customer Service today on this point. The free accont should allow as many cameras as you want in my opinion along with the same viewing and download restrictions. Also, I feel that when on the same network (private IP reachable) the connection should be direct with unlimited viewing. The separate wi-fi SSID is unnecessary when you can have the devices connect to the same network. None of this is complicated from an implementation perspective. Real shame they don't address these issues.

Does anyone know if I subscribe to the 'Smart Plan' for $20 for one month, then cancel after one month, will I be able to keep the 3 camera slots and then use the free basic plan to monitor 3 dashcams?

I doubt it will work, but I couldn't find anything definite since BlackVue buries cloud subscription details and canceling it.

I guess it'll cost you $20 to find out!

I just installed 3 blackvue 750-2ch in 3 of my vehicles.
I just realized i need to pay to add extra slots for the other 2 vehicles. wtf….
already paid a lot of money for the cameras now need to pay monthly to add slots.
And its expensive $20 a month…. should've been like $5 at least.
I just subscribed for having three cam's.. They didn't tell me it was US$.. turned out to be just over fifty a month.. subscribed and unsubscribed with in ten minutes .. now have to work out how to set up three seperate blackVue account's .. agree with you on paying for the purchase by three and then being hit for more money on monthly basis .... bit rich...

Does anyone know if I subscribe to the 'Smart Plan' for $20 for one month, then cancel after one month, will I be able to keep the 3 camera slots and then use the free basic plan to monitor 3 dashcams?
I'll get back to you around 27th July as I just subscribed for three camera's only to find out it's US$ and costs in AUS$ just over $50 a month.. subscribed and unsubscribed in ten minutes .. But have this month paid for to see what it does .. not expecting much.. Just got to figure out how to set up three seperate accounts for each dash cam ..

When you've revived this thread, you guys can create seperate accounts for each dashcam and then try to use app called Parallel Space(or similar), which is able to run multiple instances of the same app. :)

Last edited:
Back