Adding ON/OFF switch to battery cable

Zalton

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
I want to install a switch to my HK3 for the Viofo 129 Plus camera so I can turn off the camera parking mode in my garage instead of removing the power cable, I was wondering if I cut the red wire (battery) and connect the 2 wires to a 2-prong switch like shown in the picture, would that work and be safe? (The switch I have is rated 10A).

What's the difference between the 2 prong and 3 prong switches and which would be better for my use case?

Attachments

• HK3 hardwire kit_03.png
    HK3 hardwire kit_03.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 18
I don't have this cable so I am speculating based on what I have read in the Q&A section on the Viofo site. I think wiring it the way you propose will turn off parking mode, but I suspect that it will also result in the camera not working at all if your switch is in the "off" position. So if you forget to turn it on when you start the car and drive away, your camera will not be recording. If I am correct, then you should use a single pole double throw switch. Connect the common terminal to the red wire going into the unit. Connect one switched terminal to the battery (always on fuse), and the other to the same ACC fuse that you connect the yellow wire to. In this configuration when the switch is one way the camera will work normally (that is, on when the car is on, parking mode when the car is off), and "no parking mode" when it is the other way. You will be switching the red wire between an "always on" source and an "only on when the ACC is on" source, so the red wire will never be completely disconnected from the car's electrical system.

Last edited:
You can also simply press and hold the left menu button to manually power off the camera.

Viofo 129 Plus kamera için HK3'üme bir anahtar takmak istiyorum, böylece güç kablosunu çıkarmak yerine garajımdaki kamera park modunu kapatabiliyorum, kırmızı teli (pil) kesip kesmediğimi ve 2 kabloyu resimde gösterildiği gibi 2 uçlu bir anahtara bağlayıp bağlamadığımı merak ediyordum. bu işe yarar ve güvenli olur mu? (Sahip olduğum anahtar 10A olarak derecelendirilmiştir).

2 uçlu ve 3 uçlu anahtarlar arasındaki fark nedir ve kullanım durumum için hangisi daha iyi olurdhe
Ayrıca kamerayı manuel olarak kapatmak için sol menü düğmesini basılı tutmanız yeterlidiseamL'ler

Back