Adding WiFi functionality to non-wifi cams

Thanks MTZ,
I have no experience with BlackVue, I am just reading other people's comments and that's why I shy away from Blackvue for the time being.
Read your ITB-250 review and liked it and appreciate your hard work too.
I like the Lukas camera too. :), except no WiFi.
Hmmmm decisions, decisions I have to make one this weekend. :eek: :?: Brrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanks

The difference between making your custom Wi-Fi like in my thread and ITB-250HD is this:
- custom Wi-Fi needs a device in your house which will record the live stream which is transmitted from the Video Out of the camera which is SD resolution, not HD
- ITB-250HD will record on the SD Card and you can watch from your Android device the Live stream or transfer some recorded file without going into your car. But also you can mount a wireless transmitter if you want to record the live stream with your home device. Or you can use and Android device from your house to record the Live stream with some Android screen recorder. The live stream on the Android is much lower fps compared to the live stream from a custom wireless, will be at the resolution of your Android device, but the recording on the Itronics card is 30fps.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks MTZ
I am not completely a "Greenhorn" when it comes to cameras. I have a Panasonic WV-NS202A on my house and I have the recording software for it too. Signal is hard wired over LAN into my wired/wireless router, therefore it want be a problem.
Thanks
George

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PQI-Air-Card-Wi ... 2329ac5925
ViewImage.aspx

I am still considering whether I should order one of these wireless flash card to test it on the DVR.

We need information about distance and speed of transfer.
Some cameras have MicroSD, but I think there is some solution also for MicroSD

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi All,
I did it!!!
I ordered the LUKAS LK-7900 ACE. Why? Good question, I don't know either really, I just felt that was the one I buy for right now. Most likely I will order also the PQI Air card but I want to get the camera first and go from there. :eek:
George

Just found info on PQI Air, up to 5 meter range ~15feet, it's in there sales flier.

I don't know if 5 meters are good for Wi-Fi, but because your camera have Video Out, my method is still the best and cheap for about $15 on ebay.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Glad you remembered me about this method. :)
Before I bought my Panasonic I had a cheap camera and hooked it up that way, except at that time it was ~$60.-.
Now I will look into it again.
Thanks, great job
George

Back