Advice for cheap (around 100€) camera for diving

Tiago Machado

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I want to buy a camera. Motivations are:

- Primarily photos while scuba diving (dephts between 6-18m).
I need a case that allow me to buy a red filter (although I'll look for a cheap one)

- I won't be recording movies under water, but sometimes it would be fun to have gyro when using my motorcycle (although I won't be doing this often) or any other very occasional activity.

I don't think I'll need 4K.

Also I need to be able to operate the camera with gloves.

So basically I need a camera (with a screen) producing good, sharp (and bright) quality photos under water. I considered the Git2 but it seems it produces darker pictures than the Firefly 7s, which annoys me, on the other hand the 7s (which costs less 50€ ) has a weak gyro (don't know if this was corrected in the meantime with a software upgrade). So I wonder if the Git2 it may worth the extra 50€ considering it was equal or lesser quality photos? Or is there any other suitable option?

Thanks.

Have you considered the SJ6 Legend, it even have a underwater mode upping the red in the footage.

I just stuffed mine in my friends fish pond in the garden, not using underwater mode, just plain 1080/60

The SJ6 Legend also do raw photos so you can edit them if you want to.

Go with xiaomi yi or an used gopro. You'll have all accessories you might need + support in forums by users.

Have you considered the SJ6 Legend, it even have a underwater mode upping the red in the footage.

I just stuffed mine in my friends fish pond in the garden, not using underwater mode, just plain 1080/60

The SJ6 Legend also do raw photos so you can edit them if you want to.

Interesting, is it better than the Git2?

I have not been able to put the 2 up against each other, but others might have done that on youtube.

I have not been able to use the SJ6 much, but so far it have not let me down, and it appear to me to be a okay 1080p shooter for the prize.
But bare in mind i have not owned a lot of action cameras.

Back