Advice please

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
I have a dual 622GW hardwired into my car.

I always format my sd card approx every two weeks, but prior to doing that, I just check to see if its actually recording as it should.

So, today I took the dashcam indoors and connected it via WiFi to my phone. All the files are there, but what I have noticed is that 80% at least are protected/locked (why?) and if I try to view any clips wether they are locked or not, I get a message stating Playback Failed

Any ideas what is wrong ? G Sensor is set to OFF.

I am trying to get out of using a laptop, because I don't need it, hence me doing it via my phone.

THANKS

I have removed the SD card from the dashcam and put it into a SD card reader and plugged that directly into my Samsung S23 phone.

I can see that there are 1097 protected files and I can view these.

Why is the dashcam protecting just about every file recorded ?

I don't know why, but I am seeing this happen to some files too - maybe 10% of recordings. My guess is that bumps in the road are triggering the more secure saving of the files.

Sometimes I get the bleep and red padlock sign BEFORE I drive off, so not sure why it does this !!

Does your model have motion sensor? maybe its setting is too high?

I think you mean the G sensor option. I think it's at its lowest setting, I was thinking of turning it completely off !!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B 622GW 15