Alfawise dashcam battery

wiz043

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I bought an Alfawise MB05 dashcam many years ago.
I did not hardwire it in and I just plug it into the 12v port in the car and disconnect it when exiting the car.
The dashcam has parking mode which comes into play when the car is parked and the camera is disconnected and runs off a separate battery in the dashcam.

My issue is that now the dashcam is not retaining the date and time on the screen so I assume the internal battery is not holding charge. I am able to find the battery model but there is no obvious way to dismantle the dashcam to replace it.

Does anyone know if the battery can be replaced or if this dashcam is a sealed unit please?

Attachments

• dashcam.jpg
    dashcam.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 5
I bought an Alfawise MB05 dashcam many years ago.
I did not hardwire it in and I just plug it into the 12v port in the car and disconnect it when exiting the car.
The dashcam has parking mode which comes into play when the car is parked and the camera is disconnected and runs off a separate battery in the dashcam.

My issue is that now the dashcam is not retaining the date and time on the screen so I assume the internal battery is not holding charge. I am able to find the battery model but there is no obvious way to dismantle the dashcam to replace it.

Does anyone know if the battery can be replaced or if this dashcam is a sealed unit please?

From the picture you posted and another I found on the internet it looks like there are 4x screws holding it together. These screws may be under cover that needs to be removed.
You may also find the the body will have clips around the shell that need to be "cracked open" You will know soon enough once the screen are removed.

See picture for screw locations.
1684394110746.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

From the picture you posted and another I found on the internet it looks like there are 4x screws holding it together. These screws may be under cover that needs to be removed.
You may also find the the body will have clips around the shell that need to be "cracked open" You will know soon enough once the screen are removed.

See picture for screw locations.
View attachment 65264

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Thanks...I will give it a go. Hopefully the battery will have some sort of plug fitting and wont need the connections to be soldered in. :)

Back