ALL Dash Cams Have Distortion- "Bending Images"

I installed a Samsung 32gb memory card in my 0803 and formatted it no problem, it was new from Amazon so I assume it wasnt formated already but dont know that for a fact.

The cards come pre formatted but formatting in the camera does the same anyway
Maybe the problems only occur if they are preformatted using ExFAT Format?

32gb and smaller are pre formatted FAT32, 64gb and above are pre formatted exFAT
Aren't 32gb XC cards pre formatted exFAT as XC doesn't officially support FAT32?

It certainly supports it for writing, as it does a 64GByte card, and it will attempt to format it. However I suspect it only succeeds in formatting it if it was already formatted and even then you may only end up with 8GByte usable...

Switched gears quickly. Why would one only end up with 8 GB 'usable', if the card is 32 GB? I believe that Windows 7 supports FAT 32. Actually, please provide the actual steps on formatting a memory card (32 GB) on a given device, namely Mini 0803.

I installed a Samsung 32gb memory card in my 0803 and formatted it no problem, it was new from Amazon so I assume it wasnt formated already but dont know that for a fact.

Was the card plastic sealed? I really dislike having any issues with software, for I plan on using a 32 GB card. If the card is new, there is no formatting until placed in the given device, am I correct?

Changing gears briefly, I'd like to know of the 'recycle, or 'loop' settings which are in increments of 1, 3, and 5 minutes. I understand this sets the file size and length for each recorded segment, but would like to know why there is a setting ( 3 modes) to accompany the recycling. If one is continuously recording to capture video, why would any opt for 1 minute, as opposed to 5 minutes? Most have suggested 1 minute but what is the reason for this? What I see is that each clip will be spliced at 1 minute for the 'default' setting. Why would one decide to have short splices ( 1 minute) rather than 5 minute? For instance, one is driving for one hour while recording video with an 8 GB internal memory ( No external card), why would any set 1 minute duration instead of 5 minute? Additionally, when would the loop or 'recycle' process take affect; A. Once the card is filled as per overwriting? Why would any set the 'recycle' option to "off"? We believe that the maximum recorded file is 3.66 G upon setting the recycle to off. Is this simply for the fact of NOT overwriting?

One last question please (too many questions!) , 'How long, or how many minutes of video would one obtain via an 8 GB internal card? Why have 32 0r 64 G when the camera continuously overwrites? All responses are most appreciated.
Forgive my late answer. Many prefer 1 minute because the clips are shorter and easier to review. For example you're driving you see something you want to keep and lock the file for later review. That review may be days and weeks later and you may have forgotten why you originally locked the clip. It's easier to have to search a 1 minute clip vs 5 minutes to find what you're looking for. Another example is in an incident having to show the officer what happened would be easier on a shorter clip.

Sounds plausible. BUT, if one removed the card each day, OR before the file was full, there would be no need to 'lock' file, am I correct? By the way, is there a way to determine when, or how the file becomes full (Mini 0803). If one is using a 32 GB card, files will not be overwritten for what allotted time: 'the duration of memory card size'? For instance, say the card could hold 2 hours recording time, (contingent upon the quality) when would, or at what point would the information be overwritten? Thank you.

Realistically most dash cam users won't remove the card daily. Even if everything recorded was useful, saving that much video would require a huge amount of storage space. The ability to lock a file is how we save files until we can save it to our computer. In my case, I will lock a file of something useful that on later review makes me wonder why I found that so important and just delete it. How many dumb driving stunts can you save?

Also removing the card daily is work. Most dash cam users have it set up in a set and forget manner. It's their quiet friend who has their back just in case.

To determine when the card is full, you need to know file size per minute and sort of educatedly guesstimate. If in your example full is two hours, 2 hours and 1 second would be a new file that was writing over the first file of the 2 hour card.

Realistically most dash cam users won't remove the card daily. Even if everything recorded was useful, saving that much video would require a huge amount of storage space. The ability to lock a file is how we save files until we can save it to our computer. In my case, I will lock a file of something useful that on later review makes me wonder why I found that so important and just delete it. How many dumb driving stunts can you save?

Also removing the card daily is work. Most dash cam users have it set up in a set and forget manner. It's their quiet friend who has their back just in case.

To determine when the card is full, you need to know file size per minute and sort of educatedly guesstimate. If in your example full is two hours, 2 hours and 1 second would be a new file that was writing over the first file of the 2 hour card.

Thank you very much for the very useful information. In your first paragraph, I totally agree with you. I've performed this task many times using a camera, then said why. Actually, I planned on performing some editing to string the frames together to "Make a movie". This is not the purpose of a dash cam, but I'm also editing clips, and using different methods. This is why I made mention of removing the card daily or weekly, so the footage would not be overwritten. However, you have clarified this very well.

P.S. - I thought there was some type of timer denoting the amount of time left for recording, before being overwritten. Again, I very much appreciate the assistance you have provided. One last point, I purchased the Sandisk Ultra Plus (32). When I purchased online the picture portrayed Sandisk Ultra NOT 'Ultra Plus'. Is this cause for concern in using with the Mini 0803?

There's not a lot of info around on those - the Ultra is listed as up to 30MB/sec whereas the Ultra Plus just says up to 40MB/sec read, but that write speed is lower. It doesn't say how low though.

A lot of A7 devices will pop up an error at startup if they detect a low speed card, so if you don't get that and it works ok in terms of filling up and looping video then you're ok :)

If you want to see proper figures that you can compare to other cards download and run this software with it pointed at the MicroSD and you'll get some performance data back.

There's not a lot of info around on those - the Ultra is listed as up to 30MB/sec whereas the Ultra Plus just says up to 40MB/sec read, but that write speed is lower. It doesn't say how low though.

A lot of A7 devices will pop up an error at startup if they detect a low speed card, so if you don't get that and it works ok in terms of filling up and looping video then you're ok :)

If you want to see proper figures that you can compare to other cards download and run this software with it pointed at the MicroSD and you'll get some performance data back.

Thank you very much. So in retrospect, I'm better off; to say: with the Ultra Plus, which I purchased

Could any answer this question: Format: A new micro SD card should be formatted in the recorder before use, "not on a PC" ( this loads the basic player software on to the card, which can then be transferred to a computer. When you insert the new micro SD card in the Mini 0803, would you then connect to a computer (PC) to arrange the settings on the dash cam? Are configuring the settings considered formatting, or not?

Could any answer this question: Format: A new micro SD card should be formatted in the recorder before use, "not on a PC" ( this loads the basic player software on to the card, which can then be transferred to a computer. When you insert the new micro SD card in the Mini 0803, would you then connect to a computer (PC) to arrange the settings on the dash cam? Are configuring the settings considered formatting, or not?
You configure the dash cam using it's screen and menu, that is not considered formatting and those settings are not stored on the card.

If you don't format the card in the camera then it will still create all the files and folders it needs to operate.

I think you are correct about the player software, however everyone uses RegistratorViewer instead: http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html

You configure the dash cam using it's screen and menu, that is not considered formatting and those settings are not stored on the card.

If you don't format the card in the camera then it will still create all the files and folders it needs to operate.

I think you are correct about the player software, however everyone uses RegistratorViewer instead: http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html

Thank you very much for clearly defining the issue of formatting, as opposed to settings. I 've heard that Registrator Viewer is good. Looking at the link you posted, 'mirrors' are part of the program which I dislike. For that reason, Registrator is out. Can I not use Windows Movie Maker, Windows Media Player, and Freemake?

Thank you very much for clearly defining the issue of formatting, as opposed to settings. I 've heard that Registrator Viewer is good. Looking at the link you posted, 'mirrors' are part of the program which I dislike. For that reason, Registrator is out. Can I not use Windows Movie Maker, Windows Media Player, and Freemake?
Not sure what you think "mirrors" are, but they are not part of the program. You can view the video in Windows Movie Maker, I do use that for editing dashcam video and reducing resolution but you should download and use Registrator Viewer to see the GPS and G-Sensor data, even without GPS it is a lot quicker for viewing than the Windows utilities as it automatically joins together the 5 minute segments. Straight download of RegistratorViewer with no mirror: http://download.registratorviewer.com/download/RegistratorViewer.exe

Not sure what you think "mirrors" are, but they are not part of the program. You can view the video in Windows Movie Maker, I do use that for editing dashcam video and reducing resolution but you should download and use Registrator Viewer to see the GPS and G-Sensor data, even without GPS it is a lot quicker for viewing than the Windows utilities as it automatically joins together the 5 minute segments. Straight download of RegistratorViewer with no mirror: http://download.registratorviewer.com/download/RegistratorViewer.exe

I'll take a look. I can seamlessly join any clip (frame) using Windows Movie Maker. I knew you were going to mention the GPS, but not the G-Sensor data (which I have no use for). Irrespective of those two things, Registrator Viewer is meaningless. Do you believe that it is quicker than Freemake? Other than the satellite data, there is no real need to use Registrator Viewer, is there? Thank you very much for the very fine input you have provided.

Back