All lights on - can't do anything

Anno655321

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A129 Duo w/ CF
I have been having an issue with my DR650GW-2CH running the custom firmware (im not sure if it is the CFM that is causing the issue)

I notice every now and then that the GPS, Recording and security light are constantly on (I have record and security light disabled in settings). When I see this I know the device has frozen and will not be recording. Even pressing the Wifi button or holding the WiFi button doesn't do anything. I wont even get any audio warnings about it turn on or off when disconnecting the power cable.

It has been annoying as you can't hold down the WiFI button to format the card. The only way I have been able to fix it is to power off, remove the SD card. connect the SD card to my computer and format (then need to do the time fix).

It appears to work fine once I have done this.

The Setup
  • BlackVue DR650GW-2CH ENG
  • DR650_cust_1.5
  • Normal Record 1 Minute
  • Parking Record 1 Minute
  • Power Magic Pro - 6 Hours.
  • 2 Different 64GB cards tested (occurs on both)
  • Formatted both following the official specifications
I have found out that you can reset the device in the car by turning the device on without the SD card in. Wait for it to say CHECK SD CARD. Insert the card an then hold down the WiFi button to format.

Has this happened to anyone as frequently as me? I would say it happens about once a week.

Thank you,
Will

Back