Almost mowed down a row of photographers

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S

I didn't see this group of photogs until I rounded the bend. I was coming in hot towards the bridge because I had to get to a dinner. I only slowed down because I spotted the van stopped on the bridge. A few of them gave me dirty looks.

The sunset photos they were taking were already taken millions of times by thousands of other people.

Scanguage says you were doing 36mph and getting 10.4mpg coming up to the bridge. That gas mileage is shocking!! ;-P

The bit that you added is hilarious!

I'm surprised there's not a 'no stopping on bridge' sign? (which people will ignore)

You were definitely in the wrong!! Everyone know that a jogging suit, bicycle, motorcycle, or camera gives you absolute right of way under all circumstances - and more so if the camera is on a tripod. :D;)

they are around a blind curve and don't have the right to be in the road blocking your lane of travel. If they're that oblivious then maybe the dirty lookers deserve to be nudged over that little wall. How was dinner?
Nice video editing.

Have you called police and reported unauthorized road blocking on the bridge? Even if with 100 people, there's no signage warning about people being on bridge or allowing people blocking road just to take photo.

The very next day I had something waiting for me.

Nice place.
What road is that?

Scanguage says you were doing 36mph and getting 10.4mpg coming up to the bridge. That gas mileage is shocking!! ;-P

I think I was getting up to speed at that point, I'm usually around 18mpg.

How was dinner?

Considering I almost had dinner in a jail cell, the meal I had wasn't bad.

What road is that?

Main road over in Zion National Park.

Have you called police and reported unauthorized road blocking on the bridge?

I think they called the cops on me for almost running them over. Found the speed indicator device the next day. After the reviewing the footage even further, the same night where I almost ran them all over, there was a ranger waiting near the exit staring me down.

well if you come around a blind corner at the posted limit and there's some moron standing in the middle of the road and he gets hit... he's the one at fault, not you.

as for your 2nd video (with the radar box), i was more interested in the sweet corvair convertible at 0:21, right as you started to make the turn!

as for them being out there 1h before sunset... they know it's going to be crowded so they have to stake a claim on their spot... if you'd have waited around for more camera-jockeys to show up, you'd have heard something a lot like this:
:D

i think consensus is if you have started to do somthing stupid or illigal you are allowed to follow thru :rolleyes:

Sort of Nemo styled here is a commercial from my phone company Oister ( a subdivision of 3 )

they are around a blind curve and don't have the right to be in the road blocking your lane of travel. If they're that oblivious then maybe the dirty lookers deserve to be nudged over that little wall. How was dinner?
Nice video editing.

Yeah your video editing skills are pretty good. What are you using to edit?

What is the green minivan, stopped on the bridge? Can't make out the markings.
If it's some sort of licensed park contractor, I'd file a complaint. They should know better than to stop on that bridge.

Yeah your video editing skills are pretty good. What are you using to edit?

My editing skills are pretty basic, self taught, never looked at tutorials. I just found the motion button and been spamming that to move objects around in videos :D I'm using Corel Video Studio Ultimate x8. Its pretty easy to use.

My dad was a video geek in the 80's/90's when I was a kid. He had the larger Hi8 camera and did weddings for family and friends. He also had an Amiga 2000 computer Video Toaster editing setup. I hated being dragged to weddings to be the video helper and never took interest in video editing. My older brother at the time took interest. Now he doesn't have anything to do with video while I'm messing around with my dc footage.

What is the green minivan, stopped on the bridge? Can't make out the markings.
Its a rental van.
771572_1.jpg

Now that's what I call a discrete ride for out of town tourists.

:)

Back